PDA

View Full Version : Depth Charge Bug?

rls669
06-12-2005, 09:43 PM
I just had one appear to go right through my hull and explode on the sea bottom beneath me. Which was quite sufficient, since I was in about 20m of water and had 2m under the keel. Blew my type II most of the way out of the water . . .

rls669
06-12-2005, 09:43 PM
I just had one appear to go right through my hull and explode on the sea bottom beneath me. Which was quite sufficient, since I was in about 20m of water and had 2m under the keel. Blew my type II most of the way out of the water . . .

Jose.MaC
06-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Since they don't have contact pistol, but depth pistol, there is no point for the programers to model them as solid objects. Anyway, more likely it would roll on your deck and fall under your sub, so the aftermath would be the same, some seconds later.

rls669
06-13-2005, 02:48 AM
But if it was solid, it would've gotten stuck on the flak gun, then I could have surfaced and gotten the boys to disarm it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

W.Irving
06-13-2005, 03:09 AM
Isn't there supposed to be a timer in the depth charges too?

legodragonxp
06-13-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't think there were timers, why would you need or want them? One more thing to go wrong on the ship while you transport them, one more thing to go wrong as they sink,etc... Keep it simple.

There were cases where depth charges did land on the sub and they had to be removed by the crew. All records I've found were against surfaced subs and air-dropped charges however.

quillan
06-13-2005, 07:49 AM
In the novel Das Boot, Bucheim's story tells of one U-boat that surfaced after escaping a depth charge attack, to find a live charge stuck on the forward deck. I have no idea whether he made that up, or if it was based on a real incident.