PDA

View Full Version : AC2 for PC?

BATsazzy
11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
First I would like to say hello to you all.
Last weekend I purchased AC1 and I am enjoying it very much to the point that I was getting all excited about the release of AC2, now to my horror I have found out that it isnt to be released on the PC till 2010, first is the sources correct and why do we have to wait longer for this than the other platforms. I was really looking forward to getting this next week till I did a little digging around.

Thanks in advance for any info

Sazzy

DizzyTMan
11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Piracy problems.

Wouldn't it be great if they were only kidding, and the PC version was released the same day...

PLEEEEEEEEASE!

Cpt_Yanni
It is correct, They say that they had to delay the PC version because they weren't satisfied with the result. That's the only reason that they gave up for the delay.

caswallawn_2k7
yes the source is correct the PC version got pushed back to 2010 due to development problems. (it's a lot harder to make a PC game than a console game)

florisz1990
11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Don't they make games on a pc, then port it to a console?

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by florisz1990:
Don't they make games on a pc, then port it to a console? they make a base code for the game then port it using a SDK for each system. but just because it is made on one PC and possibly works on one PC means every1 with that exact setup could play the game (why consoles are easier to code for) now due to every PC being different they have to do a lot more work to make it work with all the different hardware.

BATsazzy
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Cheers people.
But would it not have made more sense to release all platforms at the same time?

I know it means I have to wait a little longer than expected.

I know there are higher and lower spec pc's out there, and mine is around medium, when I say that I can run games like Far Cry2 and Crysis with no problems what so ever. And surely thats the reason why system requirements are placed clearly on the back covers of the game.

Oh well will have to wait till in the new year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

florisz1990
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Unless you buy a whole new console just for AC II :P

BATsazzy
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by florisz1990:
Unless you buy a whole new console just for AC II :P

funny you should say that, I was just thinking about what i am actually getting for christmas.

I am getting the 360, but never played a game on it before, i have had consoles in the past still have my ps1 and ps2, so even if i did get it next week for that i still wouldnt be able to play it till christmas, so i lose out both ways lol

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 01:06 PM
it's got nothing to do with reading the system requirements it's got to do with every bit of hardware working differently so the game needing to take into account what bit of hardware is in use to actually make the game work, if they don't setup the game for all the different hardware no1 will be playing it as it would fail on nearly all computers.

Xanatos2007
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
For Cas' sake I'll try not to complain about the delay, but I'd advise purchasing it on PC and, if you're still getting it on console, comparing the quality & handling of the game. And seeing if the bonus content (if any) was worth the wait (which I doubt very highly). Despite how incredibly awesome Assassin's Creed is, I'm still not getting a console. Or a TV.

florisz1990
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah a tv also comes in handy with a console, bur IIRC, you can connect a console to a pc monitor, right?

Anyway, I prefer a console with keyboard and mouse. Sure, a chill couch or bed's nice, but I'm used to me keyboard and me mouse. I'll probably get them both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

BATsazzy
11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
To be honest I will most probably wait for the PC version anyway. Just wanted to ask as I aint big on what makes PC's work I usually leave that upto my other half, he tells me what needs replacing I buy he puts it in. Dont get my wrong I like consoles, but I have found a far better game play with my pc, i just cant seem to get to grips with using the keyboard for racing sims. I got too used to it for the fps and rpg games.

But I appreciate why now pc gamers have to wait. That was all I wanted to understand.

So thank you again.