PDA

View Full Version : Radio problems

wildcat_86
04-10-2005, 09:49 AM
hello to u all, unfortunately my first post is a problem... well, let's get down to bussines

when i fly as japanese i don't hear my flight answer my radio commands. for example, when i aks my wingman to cover me, he doesnt answer... or when i say tighten formation, they dont answer. but, when another jap flight ask for permission to land the "talk", so i dont know why this is happening... when i first run the game this didnt happen, it started today...
this doesnt happen when i fly as american, or raf or whatever...

hope u can help me, thx a lot

LEBillfish
04-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Dependant on the mission sometimes "radio silence" is turned on for "x" amount of time...

I'd check that first.

VW-IceFire
04-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Also, the game takes into account that some Japanese aircraft didn't carry radios (or parachutes) to save weight.

wildcat_86
04-10-2005, 12:54 PM
well, thx for answering, maybe what u first say its true, but when i fly the zero sometimes radio works...

anyone else know something??

cya

JunkoIfurita
04-10-2005, 09:58 PM
You're flying an IJN fighter campaign, right?

For the early-war fronts (That's Wake, Coral Sea, Midway and maybe Guadalcanal 42), radio between the Japanese zero pilots is disabled for the reasons mentioned above - the radio added weight that was considered unacceptable.

As to the parachute, few Japanese Zero pilots carried chutes in the early parts of the war. They were ordered to, but for whatever reason (pride, confidence, weight consideration or even comfort) they often ignored the command. Thus you can't bail out in the early parts of the IJN campaign.

As soon as you get onto the A6M5, the plane has a more powerful motor (and is heavier anyway), so the radio and chute will be available to you.

Note that for campaigns/missions aside from the stock ones, this won't always be the case: the radio and chute are both options in the FMB, so it's up to the individual mission designer then.

In short, your lack of radio isn't a bug, that's simply a historical part of the game.

Edit: for some reason, even when the radio is disabled you can still talk to the Ground Control (request landing, etc). As far as I know THAT is an oversight/bug. Unless you're just shouting REALLY loudly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

----

Tully__
04-11-2005, 03:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wildcat_86:
well, thx for answering, maybe what u first say its true, but when i fly the zero sometimes radio works...

anyone else know something??

cya <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's set by the mission designer or campaign ini files. You'll find that in some missions you have no radio at all, in some you only have it during landing & takeoff and in some missions you have it all the time. It depends on what the mission designer thought was appropriate for the mission.

WWSensei
04-11-2005, 06:37 AM
There is also one other, though less likely possibility. I've found that if I have my sound card set with 16 channels a LOT of the radio chatter drops out completely similar to what you are experiencing. Switching to 32 clears it up. If you are already at 32 just switch to 16 for a moment to see if it goes away. Only takes a second to try and can be done in game...