PDA

View Full Version : Outside views

binto100
06-19-2007, 09:27 PM
ok - actually got some airtime tonight. Wow. Can't seem to get an outside view - thought that was F2 but nothing happens when I hit any of the "F" keys?

Ares_336sqn
06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Check in your difficulty settings that external views are enabled. "No external views" is what you are looking for. Make sure the light is off there.

two40
06-19-2007, 10:24 PM
could swear i already replied to this.

umm was this online or single player? online servers limit views ^^

Ares_336sqn
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes, online, view settings are set by the host only and can not be changed by the player

Xiolablu3
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Were you on a server?

If so which one?

Not all servers allow outside views.

Divine-Wind
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
If you use Hyperlobby, you can see what difficulty options are set. Pretty useful for filtering the WW servers from the Full Switch, etc.

binto100
06-20-2007, 12:07 PM
No I was not on a server. I think I have it figured out now based on all the answers - thanks.

Hey... I have another question!

I started mapping things to my controls which worked fine except for one item. I mapped gear up/down (G) to the "lowest little red button" on the front of my Fighterstick. In the HOTAS setup screen it seemed to take just fine (something like ID4 button xx) but when I tried it in the sim it would not work. Is it likely a "button conflict" somewhere between my 3 CH controllers (fighterstick, pedals, throttle)? The gear toggled fine by hitting G on the keyboard but it would not work from the Fighterstick.

I mapped engine start, chocks, flaps, prop pitch etc no problem.

Bruce

major_setback
06-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by binto100:
No I was not on a server. I think I have it figured out now based on all the answers - thanks.

Hey... I have another question!

I started mapping things to my controls which worked fine except for one item. I mapped gear up/down (G) to the "lowest little red button" on the front of my Fighterstick. In the HOTAS setup screen it seemed to take just fine (something like ID4 button xx) but when I tried it in the sim it would not work. Is it likely a "button conflict" somewhere between my 3 CH controllers (fighterstick, pedals, throttle)? The gear toggled fine by hitting G on the keyboard but it would not work from the Fighterstick.

I mapped engine start, chocks, flaps, prop pitch etc no problem.

Bruce
Check this first:
Are you sure you weren't flying a plane with manual landing gear (like the wildcat, and I16) - ie. that needs a key mapped for lowering and raising landing gear.

binto100
06-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by major_setback:

Check this first:
Are you sure you weren't flying a plane with manual landing gear (like the wildcat, and I16) - ie. that needs a key mapped for lowering and raising landing gear.

No honestly I don't have a clue what I was in, sorry. So what you're saying is that some planes require two separate keys mapped? One for raising and one for lowering?

major_setback
06-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by binto100:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by major_setback:

Check this first:

No honestly I don't have a clue what I was in, sorry. So what you're saying is that some planes require two separate keys mapped? One for raising and one for lowering? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Look at the 'controls' section on the main page as you start the game. Only a few planes do it this way though.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
And you'll need to hit the key repeatedly until you get the "gear raised" or "gear lowered" indications in the aircraft with manually controlled landing gear.

As far as your "F" keys go, make sure you have them enabled on your keyboard. Should be labeled F-Lock or something like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TB