PDA

View Full Version : Online Coop Question

Phobia337
03-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Whats up guys, been a few weeks since I posted. I have been playing IL-2 almost enough to be considered my job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I got a couple questions for some of the long timers here. Ok lets start.

1) On the Coral Sea Coop Campaign. It puts a carrier group of US ships vs some Jap ships. There is a group of 4 F4 and 4 Am2 and each side has I am guessing about 6 bombers. My question is we have played this mission over and over and have yet to see a ship sunk. After 20 or so mission the ships vanish off the map and u need to restart the campaign. My question is two fold. How to sink the ships?? and Can you go back to the carrier group land and re arm for another attack run????

2)I been playing on a historical server. Zekes vs Hellcats or something like that. Very very badass with all the realistic touches. But simple question. What is best way to attack the Zero with F4. Vs the computer it can be a bit easy BUT vs a human they can master the turn of the zero and get behind a F4 in no less than 2 turns. So I been getting major height on them and using my weigth to DIVE on them and boom and zoom out. Works well when I connect. But many times the zero can still follow me pretty well up with its better climb rate and stil pepper me enough that it is not looking like the best way. I know not to turn with them but what other options do you all suggest???

3)In a Online dogfighting game with missions and ect like the server above. It says Planes and pilots left. Once you land, just go to refly? and it will stay with same number of planes and pilot?

4) THANKS GUYS, any help would be great.

PHOBIA

Phobia337
03-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Whats up guys, been a few weeks since I posted. I have been playing IL-2 almost enough to be considered my job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I got a couple questions for some of the long timers here. Ok lets start.

1) On the Coral Sea Coop Campaign. It puts a carrier group of US ships vs some Jap ships. There is a group of 4 F4 and 4 Am2 and each side has I am guessing about 6 bombers. My question is we have played this mission over and over and have yet to see a ship sunk. After 20 or so mission the ships vanish off the map and u need to restart the campaign. My question is two fold. How to sink the ships?? and Can you go back to the carrier group land and re arm for another attack run????

2)I been playing on a historical server. Zekes vs Hellcats or something like that. Very very badass with all the realistic touches. But simple question. What is best way to attack the Zero with F4. Vs the computer it can be a bit easy BUT vs a human they can master the turn of the zero and get behind a F4 in no less than 2 turns. So I been getting major height on them and using my weigth to DIVE on them and boom and zoom out. Works well when I connect. But many times the zero can still follow me pretty well up with its better climb rate and stil pepper me enough that it is not looking like the best way. I know not to turn with them but what other options do you all suggest???

3)In a Online dogfighting game with missions and ect like the server above. It says Planes and pilots left. Once you land, just go to refly? and it will stay with same number of planes and pilot?

4) THANKS GUYS, any help would be great.

PHOBIA

Phobia337
03-10-2008, 12:25 PM
31 VIEWS and not a single person has any answers to these questions???????

With the game being out so long, I was under the impression it would be a easy question lol guess I am wrong

blairgowrie
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I am sure someone will be around to answer your questions; if you remain patient. It has only been four hours since you first posted and they don't look like life or death issues.

JG53_Valantine
03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
1. No you cannot re-arm, you have to try and hit the ship with all yoru ordanance and get yoru AI to hit them as well. Ships are bloody hard to sink, what is ideal is using a torpedoe armed kite and sinking it that way, alternatively take the biggest bomb you can and try to get everyone to hit the same ship with those.

2. Same with all dogfights - figure out your strengths, know your weaknesses and figure out the same for your enemy. Its something that takes time and you will learn what approaches work and what ones end up with you hanging from the silk scratching your head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I can't give you exact answers as I rarely fly in the pacific theatre and even if I did - approaches that would work for me may not work for you, its all about what you feel comfortable doing, in general the more hours you clock up i na certain plane the better you will become at knowing what yo uare capable of and what you are not.

3. I believe when you land successfully a pilot and a plane number are NOT reduced from the total, it is only if a plane is destroyed or fails landing does it count as lost, pilots count as lost if killed or captured.

4. Patience is a virtue - waiting for only 4 hours for a reply before making a second post is pretty bad form.

Good luck!
V

WholeHawg
03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
F4 Vs Zeke.

You are right, shoot and scoot. if you want to climb away you best bet is a shallow climb. In most cases until your get really good at maintaining energy, you will only get 1 pass if the Zero targets you.

I usually just line up the shot and dive straight through, level off wait 15 seconds and then peek over my shoulder to see if hes following me. At lower alt the F4 has a slight speed advantage that will allow you to extend. Not very glamorous or exciting but it keeps you alive.

Phobia337
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53_Valantine:
1. No you cannot re-arm, you have to try and hit the ship with all yoru ordanance and get yoru AI to hit them as well. Ships are bloody hard to sink, what is ideal is using a torpedoe armed kite and sinking it that way, alternatively take the biggest bomb you can and try to get everyone to hit the same ship with those.

2. Same with all dogfights - figure out your strengths, know your weaknesses and figure out the same for your enemy. Its something that takes time and you will learn what approaches work and what ones end up with you hanging from the silk scratching your head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I can't give you exact answers as I rarely fly in the pacific theatre and even if I did - approaches that would work for me may not work for you, its all about what you feel comfortable doing, in general the more hours you clock up i na certain plane the better you will become at knowing what yo uare capable of and what you are not.

3. I believe when you land successfully a pilot and a plane number are NOT reduced from the total, it is only if a plane is destroyed or fails landing does it count as lost, pilots count as lost if killed or captured.

4. Patience is a virtue - waiting for only 4 hours for a reply before making a second post is pretty bad form.

Good luck!
V </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks you very much. Also nothing was intended to come off as rude. It was partly joking and partly wondering if anyone knew. If took the wrong way sorry, was not intended.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">F4 Vs Zeke.

You are right, shoot and scoot. if you want to climb away you best bet is a shallow climb. In most cases until your get really good at maintaining energy, you will only get 1 pass if the Zero targets you.

I usually just line up the shot and dive straight through, level off wait 15 seconds and then peek over my shoulder to see if hes following me. At lower alt the F4 has a slight speed advantage that will allow you to extend. Not very glamorous or exciting but it keeps you alive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks that is the answer I am looking for. I generally tend to get a good 1000 meters are so above and come at a pretty steep dive in and hit and them go back into a steep climb. I was unaware the F4 maintained a slight increase in speed at low ALT. Now I know what needs to be done. THANKS BRO http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyone know how to beat the Coral sea coop campaign????? Does it extend many missions to be won?? or is it to be completed in a single mission???

thanks guys
PHOBIA