PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X52 Profile Beta

xptical
06-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm working on a X52 profile for Pacific Fighters. My goal is to use all three modes yet keep things as simple as possible.

Mode 1 = Takeoff/Navigation/Landing
Mode 2 = A2A and A2G Combat
Mode 3 = Multi-Engine and Emergencies

So far, I have what I think is a good Mode 1 profile. Could you guys and gals give me some input?

Trigger = Brakes (b)
Pinkie = Airbrakes (shft+b)
Fire = Tailhook (shft+t)

The Pinkie Switch will remain Airbrakes throughout the modes. Airbrakes can always come in useful. Just kick 'em on and he'll fly right by...

Toggle 1 = Chocks Set/Unset
Toggle 2 = Canopy Open/Close
Toggle 3 = Seat Up/Down
Toggle 4 = Engine Start/Stop
Toggle 5 = Manual Gear Up
Toggle 6 = Manual Gear Down

The toggles should be for things that don't need quick access. The only exception is that you'll need to do Gear up/down while in a climbout or descent. You can either set the throttle and reach across or you can climb with throttle and trim and take your hand off the stick to control the gear. I really hate it, but I'm too tired to think on it anymore.

POV Hat 1 = Panning Views (NumPad directions)

By default, the hat does this "look till you release" action. I hate that. I want to be able to pan to a specific area and hold it there.

POV Hat 2 Up = Center view
POV Hat 2 Down = External Close Enemy Padlock
POV Hat 2 Left = No Cockpit View
POV Hat 2 Right = Cockpit View

Close enemy padlock may seem to break with my layout. I think it's a good idea to trip this after takeoff and before landing to make sure you aren't gonna get ganked.

Throttle Controls

POV Hat 3 Up = Flaps Up
POV Hat 3 Down = Flaps Down
POV Hat 3 Left =
POV Hat 3 Right =

Fire E = Gear Up/Down
Fire D = Cowl Flaps

Wheel Scroll Up = Elevator Trim Up
Wheel Scroll Down = Elevator Trim Down
Rotary 1 = Rudder Trim
Rotary 2 = Aileron Trim
Slider = Prop Pitch Control

Anyway, I'm sure I'm missing something fairly important in there. If you think I should add something, tell me. If you'd like to help me test this out, let me know; so few of us seem to have x52s.

Malik_VII
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Have hat one emulate a mouse instead of the mouse stick.
That is how I have mine set untill I get trackIR.

xptical
06-13-2005, 11:18 PM
If you have a webcam, you could use Cam2Pan while you wait. It's really good even when compared to spending hundreds on TrackIR.

The main reason I wanted a snapping hat is that it's what I'm used to from Falcon4. If I click the hat three times left, I want to look over the left wing. I don't want to have to hold it in order to keep that view.

So, does anyone else have any ideas on ways too make this profile better?

Tully__
06-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Have you worked out how to do mouse emulation on a hat? Better than the built in "Pan" mode in the game by a long way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif