PDA

View Full Version : Which country would you like AC3 to be set in

HD RoLoS v
04-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Easy choose a country

Killer-Me99
04-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Anywhere but America/American revolution era, PLEASE JUST NOT THAT! also, NO GUNS!!! the game is just perfect now, I suggest a time set even before the Crusades.

I think Flyer Son Of No One (aka Altair Ibn La'Ahad hahaha best character name) the most legendary character in the Assassin's Creed world, although I'm kinda more into Ezio and like him more....

Keksus
04-15-2011, 05:05 PM
You forgot to add "Other". I don't want any of the countries you added in your poll.

prooijtje
04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
china, climbing the great wall and killing evil templar emperors

Blind2Society
04-15-2011, 05:21 PM
I know IRL the Templar order was established around the time of the crusades so unless Ubi is straying from that, the antagonist would have to be different in a game set before the crusades.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Keksus:
You forgot to add "Other". I don't want any of the countries you added in your poll.

same here

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I know IRL the Templar order was established around the time of the crusades so unless Ubi is straying from that, the antagonist would have to be different in a game set before the crusades.

well, but it is a game.

PrehistoryEdit Prehistory sectionEdit

The Templar Order was likely founded by Cain, whose 'mark' was used as the Templars' crest. The Templars quickly became the archenemies of the Assassins, who, as opposed to the Templars, fought to allow the people to retain free will.[1]
Roman eraEdit Roman era sectionEdit

During the Roman era, the Templars went under the alias "Senatus Populusque Romanus", ruling the Roman Empire. However, their rule was continually thwarted by the Assassin Order. A notable example of this was the plot against Gaius Julius Caesar, who was appointed as a dictator for life. Forty Assassins, most notably Marcus Junius Brutus and Gaius Cassius Longinus, had infiltrated Caesar's inner circle as senators. They actually planned to assassinate Caesar, a plan which they succesfully executed on 15 March 44 BC.[4] Additionally, on 24 January 41, the Assassin Leonius stabbed Caligula with a dagger.[1]

During the 1st century, the Templars found out that one of the Pieces of Eden, the Shroud, was in the hands of Jesus Christ. Wanting the Piece for their own purposes, the Templars crucified Jesus to gain it.[1]
Middle AgesEdit Middle Ages sectionEdit
Formation as a Knightly OrderEdit Formation as a Knightly Order sectionEdit

During the Middle Ages, the Templars removed themselves from the underground and founded themselves as a Knightly Order, the Knights Templar.[2]

In the 1129 Council of Troyes, the Order was officially recognized by the church, and in 1139, Pope Innocent II granted them diplomatic immunity in all provinces and territories and exemption from taxes. This allowed the faction to grow in numbers, strength and wealth quickly, and as they became a larger force, their responsibilities increased accordingly: the Order's many members were prominent figures in the second crusade.

Founded in Jerusalem in 1129, the Knights Templar sought a world at peace with itself. By 1191, they had come to the realization that such peace could only be maintained through use of the Pieces of Eden, and made it their quest to gather as many as they could.[2] That same year, after the theft of the Apple of Eden by the Assassins Malik A-Sayf and Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad from the Templars, the Brotherhood entered into a brief period of sustained conflict with their Assassin enemies. Over the course of the year, ten Templar leaders from both Crusader and Saracen backgrounds fell to the blades of the Assassin Altaïr, who was serving penance for breaking the three tenets during the theft. The deaths included not only the Grand Master of the Order, but also Al Mualim, leader of the Order of Assassins in Syria and the only Templar not willing to share the power of the Apple with his nine brothers.[2]

With their leadership effectively wiped out by a single assassin, the Brotherhood retreated to the island of Cyprus under the command of a new Grand Master, Armand Bouchart. Pursued by Altaïr, the Templars were wiped out once again, although the treasures of the Templar Archive in Limassol were spirited away before they could be found.[6] The death of Armand forced the Order to consider its position carefully, and by 1312 the Order had officially disbanded. In reality, the Order continued to thrive, adopting a much more secretive position in world affairs. As the Templars withdrew into near anonymity in the eyes of the world, the Order of the Assassins also retreated into the shadows, as said in Altaïr's fabled Codex.

By the late 15th Century, the Brotherhood had regained a position of strength on the world stage, spreading deep into the Church and nobility of Italy. Under the command of Rodrigo Borgia, the Templars sought to unify northern Italy under their command, and regain the Apple of Eden which they knew to be buried in Cyprus.[2] Targeting Lorenzo de' Medici, the de facto ruler of Florence, the Templars found themselves confronted by the Assassin Giovanni Auditore, who whilst not knowing of their Templar allegiances, was rapidly piecing together the clues. Following two near fatal encounters with Giovanni himself, Borgia arranged for the trial and execution of Giovanni and his three sons – Federico, Petruccio and Ezio – for the crimes of High Treason against the city of Florence, having corrupting the city official Uberto Alberti. The city guards arrested Giovanni and two of his sons, narrowly missing their chance to capture the third, Ezio, who had been delivering and collecting letters for his father.[1]

Realizing too late the treachery of Uberto Alberti, whom his father had considered a friend,[7] Ezio appeared at the execution of his family, watching in horror as his father and brothers were hanged; he narrowly escaped the same fate himself. Unconcerned with the remaining Auditore, the Templars continued in their mission to assume control of the cities of northern Italy. In 1478, the Templar affiliated Pazzi family made their push for control. In what would become known as the Pazzi Conspiracy, the family struck against the Medici during Mass, killing Giuliano de' Medici and critically wounding Lorenzo, who was saved only by the timely intervention of Ezio Auditore, the son who had been allowed to escape. Lorenzo's survival and the arrival of Ezio spelled doom for the Pazzi family, who were left to their fate by Rodrigo Borgia. Vieri, Francesco and Jacopo de' Pazzi were all slain by the lone assassin whilst the Templars acknowledged their defeat in Florence, instead turning their attention to the city of Venice.

By the 19th century, the Templars gained a significant amount of power and influence within the Russian Empire; with a number of the Tsars, including Alexander II and his son Alexander III, being Templars themselves.[9] In the Tsars' possession; the Staff of Eden, granting the autocratic rulers great power over their citizens. In 1908 however, their control over the Russian Empire was greatly diminished with the destruction of the Staff in Tunguska, thanks in part to the combined efforts of Nikola Tesla[1] and the Assassin Nikolai Orelov.[9]

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Templar

crash3
04-16-2011, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Killer-Me99:
Anywhere but America/American revolution era, PLEASE JUST NOT THAT! also, NO GUNS!!! the game is just perfect now, I suggest a time set even before the Crusades.

I think Flyer Son Of No One (aka Altair Ibn La'Ahad hahaha best character name) the most legendary character in the Assassin's Creed world, although I'm kinda more into Ezio and like him more....

i would love to go further back than the crusades off the top of my head theres probably 5 time periods you could visit

1. Greek/Persian wars
2.Alexander the Great
3. Sometime in Ancient Rome although ancient rome lasted about 700 years! could visit two time periods within that
4. Charlemagne the frankish emperor-founder of Holy Roman Empire
5. Vikings/Saxons fighting for control of Britain, leading on to the battle of Hastings 1066

(forgot to mention ancient egypt) but you could visit these time periods as a parallel stoyline to desmonds. people are saying you can only move forward in time with desmonds story

but we could play as another modern day assassin with a differet set of ancestors, the objective may not be as imprortant as saving the would but it would benefit the ongoing struggl between the assasins and the templars

also wouldnt mind playing as the assassins shown in the monterrigioni sanctuary

crash3
04-16-2011, 03:09 AM

before the teplars the assassins killed individuals with too much power and maybe not using it to do good, for example alexander the great.

during the crusades you could say that some powerful individuals decided to band together to have a better chance of acheiving their goals and fighting back against the assassins

Blind2Society
04-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by UBOSOFT-Gamer:
well, but it is a game.
This is true. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by crash3:
during the crusades you could say that some powerful individuals decided to band together to have a better chance of acheiving their goals and fighting back against the assassins.
This is actually quite close to how it happened but the powerful individuals were the Catholic church. If they didn't set up the order themselves they gave them power and subsequently took back when it suited their interests. Technically the French king took their power but it was still the church. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Eziobro
04-16-2011, 08:06 AM
I reckon after Ptolemy I, time zone, but everywhere in the world so we get to see the Ancient Wonders. I so want a Leap of Faith off the Lighthouse of Alexandria!

Ureh
04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I think the Templars go way back even before the Crusades. The name we go by them now is just something that came up during that period. Maybe they had other names. Speaking in terms of Assassin's Creed storyline of course. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And wouldn't it be funny if the Templars worshipped a TWCB god? Maybe a male one that's evil. "May The Father of Understanding guide us." In Assassin's Creed universe maybe that is referring to a TWCB.

crash3
04-16-2011, 10:05 AM
who is the father of understanding? is it a person? it cant be a god as neither assassins or templars are religious

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-16-2011, 12:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
during the crusades you could say that some powerful individuals decided to band together to have a better chance of acheiving their goals and fighting back against the assassins.
This is actually quite close to how it happened but the powerful individuals were the Catholic church. If they didn't set up the order themselves they gave them power and subsequently took back when it suited their interests. Technically the French king took their power but it was still the church. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true. the german caesars were often in conflict with the pope in the question who has more power. Pope or Caesar.

Originally posted by Ureh:
I think the Templars go way back even before the Crusades. The name we go by them now is just something that came up during that period. Maybe they had other names. Speaking in terms of Assassin's Creed storyline of course. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

The Templar Order was likely founded by Cain, whose 'mark' was used as the Templars' crest. The Templars quickly became the archenemies of the Assassins, who, as opposed to the Templars, fought to allow the people to retain free will.[1]

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Templar

Foppezao
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
There's a theory that most of the templars went to Switzerland after the "friday the 13th" arrests/killings of philips IV..So France/Switzerland could be it...
I was more hoping for something eastern like India or Japan..

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
hopefully not

Blind2Society
04-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Eziobro:
I reckon after Ptolemy I, time zone, but everywhere in the world so we get to see the Ancient Wonders. I so want a Leap of Faith off the Lighthouse of Alexandria!
Before I finished reading this post I thought, The Lighthouse of Alexandria, and whatayano...
The Colossus of Rhodes would be awesome too.

As for the Templars, after the perge they came here to North America.

Eziobro
04-17-2011, 04:31 AM
Yay! I got quoted! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Seriously, though, it's be dead good... Hallcarnassus wouldn't be so awesome, but the rest would. I can totally see the Colossus now. And the Zeus statue... I imagine climbing up them!

crash3
04-17-2011, 09:41 AM
would be cool to see all the ancient wonders of the world within the AC universe using the animus-they could be like significant rallying points for either templars or assassins or could contain important tombs beneath them

Killer-Me99
04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by crash3:

1. Greek/Persian wars

5. Vikings/Saxons fighting for control of Britain, leading on to the battle of Hastings 1066

also wouldnt mind playing as the assassins shown in the monterrigioni sanctuary

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!! but I don't want to be killing Viking "templars" cuz I doubt there'd be anything like that with Vikings... Vikings FTW

as for the Assassins shown in the Monterrigioni Sanctuary..YES! it would also be great.

Still... I'm afraid the next AC will be set in the American revolution era or World War I
I hope it won't be...

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
if the next ac game shouldnt have any guns, then the devs can not use any time perioed after the renaissance.

i think some guns are ok, but should be very limited!!

ScreaminEagle
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
My favs:
France XVII-XVIII
British Empire XIX

I would like to see various spin-offs of AC set during different eras..i.e. Feudal Japan, ancient China, ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Arthur period and so on..

Calyptus
04-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Roman Kingdom/Republic/Empire. All the way from its creation by Romulus in -753 to the the fall of Constantinopolis in 1453 or even the final demise in Trebizond in 1461 can be a possibility.

But as long as it doesn't have guns I'll be happy.

SockIt2EmBigD
04-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Id like to see the time period around the American/French revolution. Maybe something with the conquistadors when the world was kind of being discovered. It would be cool if we traveled around instead of staying in just one area. To be honest I don't really care what country, time period or if it's a Male/Female character I'm just ready to play it.