PDA

View Full Version : SH1V...a new nightmare???

Maverick_U2007
03-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Have ben reading the threads with regards to SH1V going 'gold', firstly to find out what gold meant!!!!. Found that out and checked the specs required...visited UBI official site...found specs..checked my computer...all seems good. That was until I found out I needed a degree in computing.
Is this the first question about a product that hasn't been released yet?????

WHAT THE HECK ARE VERTEX AND PIXEL SHADING. (silent Hunter 3 never mentioned about these requirements)

According to my manufacturer, my Ati Radeon X300SE Graphics card supports these things and my graphics card is also 'programmable'. Does that mean somebody is going to have to give me a lesson in adjusting settings on my graphics card???. Or will the computer be able to recognise the Vertex and Pixel Shading settings when I install the game???.

Dont get me wrong, have learnt loads about computers from the help forum on this site but if I need to know more about Vertex and Pixel shading I will find out....want to be ahead of the game, not trailing the experts who will have sunk 100,000 tons before I even manage to leave the dock!!!.

Cheers,

tambor198
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:
Have ben reading the threads with regards to SH1V going 'gold', firstly to find out what gold meant!!!!. Found that out and checked the specs required...visited UBI official site...found specs..checked my computer...all seems good. That was until I found out I needed a degree in computing.
Is this the first question about a product that hasn't been released yet?????

WHAT THE HECK ARE VERTEX AND PIXEL SHADING. (silent Hunter 3 never mentioned about these requirements)

According to my manufacturer, my Ati Radeon X300SE Graphics card supports these things and my graphics card is also 'programmable'. Does that mean somebody is going to have to give me a lesson in adjusting settings on my graphics card???. Or will the computer be able to recognise the Vertex and Pixel Shading settings when I install the game???.

Dont get me wrong, have learnt loads about computers from the help forum on this site but if I need to know more about Vertex and Pixel shading I will find out....want to be ahead of the game, not trailing the experts who will have sunk 100,000 tons before I even manage to leave the dock!!!.

Cheers,

You won't need a college degree to play SHIV. What you do need to know is that your x300 video card will be near the bottom or at the bottom of the list that supports SHIV. You will be only able to use the very minimal settings for this game. The X300 is a low end card and that's the bottom line. You might want to consider an upgrade to at least a medium end card that will give you smoother sailing so to speak. If you need some help in choosing a card, feel free to PM me.

tambor198 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Maverick_U2007
03-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes I would like some advice about new graphics card. thanks for the early reply...What is PM me??? (am relatively new to forums)

RedTerex
03-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:
Yes I would like some advice about new graphics card. thanks for the early reply...What is PM me??? (am relatively new to forums)

Private Message. Click on the users name and click "Invite xxx to a private topic"

Grrbob25
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
yeah, I had a Radeon x300 SE, very low end indeed. I upgraded to a Geforce 7600 GT for only $78 USD on newegg. Its a very good card, I play sh3 on all high settings and still get about 65 fps.