PDA

View Full Version : Landing with AIs

GazzaMataz
08-11-2005, 06:37 AM
I have been playing one of the missions in PF as a RN pilot over Iwo Jima. In the course of the campaign I have been promoted to Sdn Ldr (lucky old me). Now its great telling the other planes to do this and that but when it comes to landing I am in a dialemma...

When approaching the carriers for landing the AI will follow me quite closely even when I tell them to break or loosen formation. So I end up landing and then the AIs will pile into the carrier or me just after I have landed...

Does anyone know a way around this?

GazzaMataz
08-11-2005, 06:37 AM
I have been playing one of the missions in PF as a RN pilot over Iwo Jima. In the course of the campaign I have been promoted to Sdn Ldr (lucky old me). Now its great telling the other planes to do this and that but when it comes to landing I am in a dialemma...

When approaching the carriers for landing the AI will follow me quite closely even when I tell them to break or loosen formation. So I end up landing and then the AIs will pile into the carrier or me just after I have landed...

Does anyone know a way around this?

Inadaze
08-11-2005, 06:57 AM
You can tell them to return to base in the navigation section of the radio commands.

When you're getting near to the Carrier ask for permission to land yourself, then instruct ya wing men to return to base.

They then go into a landing pattern and more or less keep out of your way. As you asked for permission first it should mean they get held off until you have time to land.

I hope that helps, it can still get tricky with lots of planes trying to land at once, but at leat they won't be right on your wing all the time.

Inadaze

GazzaMataz
08-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I did look there but obviously not hard enough!

Thanks for that m8 I will try that out this weekend...