PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot preview

Tocirpa
04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
For all those interested in lots of spoilers than you will definately want to visit gamespot's preview on Myst V:
Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/mystvendo***es/preview_6122764.html)

Wow it includes a movie where Rand talks about Myst V. This game is starting to sound soooo cool!

mszv
04-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it's a really interesting preview - both in terms of how the game will look, the techology, interface and story.

I'm looking forward to Myst V, even more than I was before.

Mowog
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Ditto, that was quite interesting.

Rand's really let his hair grow, hasn't he?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jnathus
05-01-2005, 05:37 PM
For those that are interested, you can find the screenshots that Gamespot has in high resolution (1600x1200) at mysterium.ch on this (http://www.mysterium.ch/endo***es/endo***es_pictures_e.html) page.

poutrew
05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Very interesting information. Wouldn't it be nice if they included a 'slate' with the game. Considering they included a writing pad in the box with 'Myst', it would be going full circle.

_ Paula _
05-04-2005, 12:59 PM
I really enjoyed the interview with Rand and was especially happy to note that he said the release would be this fall.

Mowog
05-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Just thinking here... how do you think Cyan will present and package Myst V?

It's seen as the last installment in a long and distinguished series, and as such, it will have to build on previous storylines. But it will also need to hook into the deeply-held enthusiasm of long-time fans such as myself, which has built over the years into a real love of the series, the characters, the environments, Cyan as a whole, and my fellow fans.

On the other hand, they can't market it just to we old coots. That would be a bit exclusive. It will need to offer a complete experience to raw newbies as well, the type who see an attractive box on the store shelf and take it home to see what it's all about. Newbies can't be allowed to feel like they've just walked in on the end of the story.

So what do you all think?

JustBrett
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Mowog:
Newbies can't be allowed to feel like they've just walked in on the end of the story.
But, isn't that exactly what we did in MYST? The library had already been burned, the brothers and Atrus imprisoned, and the Ages ravaged. Then we had to put together the backstory to figure out the proper end to it.

In fact, all of the Myst games have thrown us blindly into situations where we had to figure out 20 or 30 years of history as we went along. Myst V doesn't sound any different in that respect. I do hope, though, that we get a better introduction to how we end up in K'veer at the beginning than Exile gave us.

Ni Cahlas the Young
05-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by JustBrett:
I do hope, though, that we get a better introduction to how we end up in K'veer at the beginning than Exile gave us.

We didn't end up in K'veer at the beginning did we? As I understand it "traveler" found a Myst linking book somewhere and linked there.

JustBrett
05-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Ni Cahlas the Young:
We didn't end up in K'veer at the beginning did we? As I understand it "traveler" found a Myst linking book somewhere and linked there.
In Exile we began in Tomahna, but with no explanation of how we got there. (Of course, now we know that Tomahna is on Earth, and we probably just walked there.)

In Myst V we will begin in the place where the original MYST ended, which most of us seem to agree is K'veer. I'm hoping the intro to the game gives us some explanation of how we got there, unlike Exile.