PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer PC

CDR30
03-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Server is not working...

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah I've been trying to play today for awhile and only managed to get into one game, which last 1 minute and 45 seconds!

It seems to just search indefinitely and never find any other players http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I know it's only been out a day, so I thought there may be some congestion, or an issue or two, but to not be able to find a single other player..? What gives!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Krauser_sama
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
same problem here. Is there something we can do about this or do we have to wait for ubisoft to fix it? Does anyone have an idea?

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 12:24 PM
The problem feels like something client side to me. Like a router/firewall/some settings getting in the way and not allowing you to communicate with the outside world when trying to find AC:B games. I'm not sure, but it just has that sort of a feel to it.

The problem with this is that when I try and search for AC:B port forwarding, to see if that might help, all the results are just to do with AC:B being a 'port' on the PC and nothing relevant to my search, sadly.

I really hope someone comes up with a fix soon, this is a little out my league in terms of self diagnosing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Or, like you say, Ubisoft fix it somehow - because ultimately they've caused the problem by not implementing a workaround for the PC version (I think).

Again though, anyone else having these, or similar issues? Where the multiplayer search just goes on indefinitely and only ever find one player - presumably you!

Cycore7
03-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ToeJamathon:
The problem feels like something client side to me. Like a router/firewall/some settings getting in the way and not allowing you to communicate with the outside world when trying to find AC:B games. I'm not sure, but it just has that sort of a feel to it.

The problem with this is that when I try and search for AC:B port forwarding, to see if that might help, all the results are just to do with AC:B being a 'port' on the PC and nothing relevant to my search, sadly.

I really hope someone comes up with a fix soon, this is a little out my league in terms of self diagnosing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Or, like you say, Ubisoft fix it somehow - because ultimately they've caused the problem by not implementing a workaround for the PC version (I think).

Again though, anyone else having these, or similar issues? Where the multiplayer search just goes on indefinitely and only ever find one player - presumably you!

Yeah i'm getting the same as you. Tried all that port forwarding nonsense but to no avail. I'm not happy about having to do all this messing around to play a game i've payed good money for. If I knew there'd be this much trouble with MP I would have just played a pirated version of SP and save my money ffs.

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
It's a massive shame that things aren't working smoothly, or even at all in a lot of cases. I hope someone can figure this out, or Ubisoft are at least aware of this and fixing it!

There seems to be an awful lot of people who just can't find anyone to play with. Very odd and totally uncool.

KlaymenDel
03-19-2011, 02:34 PM
I wish someone from UbiSoft told us that they're working on fixing issues...

Windrius
03-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ToeJamathon:
It's a massive shame that things aren't working smoothly, or even at all in a lot of cases. I hope someone can figure this out, or Ubisoft are at least aware of this and fixing it!

There seems to be an awful lot of people who just can't find anyone to play with. Very odd and totally uncool.

Actually, if you pay attention to the status text, or w/e it's called, it says ATTEMPTING TO JOIN SESSION, meaning it does find other people, just can't connect with them. I guess the same problem why people can't play private matches, you always get a message saying that the session is unreachable.
Well, it's up to ubisoft to debug it. Support won't help us, because we don't even know our selves what is wrong. It sometimes feels like it's region locked or something.
Anyway, gonna go sleepy sleepy now, hoping that there will be a fix when I wake up <3

ellumin0us
03-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I had a chance to play 2 Wanted games saturday afternoon, after a searching time of aprox. 30 minutes. And today I only got a chance to play one Wanted game after spending a lot of time waiting. I really hope that Ubisoft will fix whatever is wrong. To be honest I think they will, AC:B multiplayer on the console also had alot of troubles and as far as I know Ubisoft fixed it.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon (like tomorrow will be good!) because I kinda feel like I spent 50% too much money on the game.

LuK4id4
03-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, am happy it isnt just me having this issue.

I even managed to have 5/6 players (aspergo agents) found, but it could never get the sixth.

I am quite disappointed with this, because i bought this mainly for the multiplayer part of the game.

Hope this gets fixed soon, otherwise i dont think i will ever pre-purchase anything from ubisoft again...

jwakkerman
03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I have been able to play 4 matches so far.
It is very annoying that we have to wait so long for the game to find players, mostly without succes.
I even tried port forwarding and all that stuff but without any noticeable change http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I really really hope Ubisoft is aware of this problem and is working on a fix http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Mills107
03-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Your not on your own guys... i too am expereincing the same problems as you lot. The most i've managed is 3/6 when searching for other players and i've yet to play even one game yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

I've forwarded Port 1000 which is mentioned in the Readme... i've also tried ports 5223,3478,3479 & 3658 as mentioned for PS3 but this still didn't do anything.

I hope they fix this soon as like others have mentioned, i only purchased this because of the multiplayer!

CDR30
03-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Ok... i think that Ubisoft is working on the Multiplayer Server...

It would probably take days or months... so we just have to wait and play single player...

shop27C171CB8
03-21-2011, 06:00 AM
I get in a match within 1 minute or so when searching for one no matter what time.

Mills107
03-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
I get in a match within 1 minute or so when searching for one no matter what time.

Did you open any ports on your router to get it to work or not? Are you in the UK?

Victoroos
03-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Mills107:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:

Did you open any ports on your router to get it to work or not? Are you in the UK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
to me, it seems that the uk is the only contry without problems. Or am I wrong??
And that ports problem, when I get into a match at all, it can't be my ports, right??

shop27C171CB8
03-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Mills107http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifid you open any ports on your router to get it to work or not? Are you in the UK? I'm from The Netherlands (Europe) and no, no edits made to my router. All is just working fine.

Mills107
03-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by victorjr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mills107:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:

Did you open any ports on your router to get it to work or not? Are you in the UK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
to me, it seems that the uk is the only contry without problems. Or am I wrong??
And that ports problem, when I get into a match at all, it can't be my ports, right?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the UK and have not been able to connect to any servers all weekend, i have been searching for hours believe me. I don't think it's down to port forwarding on routers either as numerous people have tried this, we can't all be wrong thats for sure.

I hope UBI Soft can just give us all a straight answer on this, i have contacted support in the hope it sheds some light.

Victoroos
03-21-2011, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by victorjr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mills107:

And that ports problem, when I get into a match at all, it can't be my ports, right?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the UK and have not been able to connect to any servers all weekend, i have been searching for hours believe me. I don't think it's down to port forwarding on routers either as numerous people have tried this, we can't all be wrong thats for sure.

I hope UBI Soft can just give us all a straight answer on this, i have contacted support in the hope it sheds some light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okee, I get it, i was mistaken.
but still, i don't get it. i didn't changed anything to my router (netherlands) and worked fine 9waited a little) And now,s uddenly doesn't work at all.

ellumin0us
03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mills107http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifid you open any ports on your router to get it to work or not? Are you in the UK? I'm from The Netherlands (Europe) and no, no edits made to my router. All is just working fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too am from the Netherlands and had alot problems this weekend. Today it works a bit better, got to play a few Manhunt's and Wanted's
but the matchmaking is still very poor.

ellumin0us
03-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Seems like there's alot problems in The Netherlands and the UK...

But I think Ubisoft will fix it. The multiplayer on the PS3 was very poor right after the release (Fri November 19) and Ubisoft worked on it a week later (Fri November 26).

So maybe this week is like a test week for Ubisoft and they will fix all the matchmaking problems and the "kick off by host" problems.

But they could at least be honest and confirm that there are major problems with the PC multiplayer and that there will be an update. But we hear nothing. I really like to play AC:B but not only for the Single player I need to be able at all time to play the Multiplayer. I paid 50 bucks for it dammit! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Mills107
03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I've just had the generic reponse from UbiSoft saying make sure port 1000 us open and disable firewall, antivirus blah blah.. do they not think we have all tried this!

Looks like we all need to sit and pray for an update then... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif very poor this given the PC release is 4 months behind the consoles and the multiplayer looks like it's had ZERO testing!

Dreaming.Dex
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
I've just had the generic reponse from UbiSoft saying make sure port 1000 us open and disable firewall, antivirus blah blah.. do they not think we have all tried this!

Looks like we all need to sit and pray for an update then... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif very poor this given the PC release is 4 months behind the consoles and the multiplayer looks like it's had ZERO testing!

I have open port 1000, I have turned off firewall, antivurs, etc.

Still not working, can I get my money back?

Vally7
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
I live in Romania,I`ve opened no ports,it`s working fine for me.

julian9947
03-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi,
Open port 1000 TCP and UCP in your router and you can play fast online,
It works for me so let me known if you can play online, and please add me to your friendlist: PSN: julian9947
pc player

Dreaming.Dex
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by julian9947:
Hi,
Open port 1000 TCP and UCP in your router and you can play fast online,
It works for me so let me known if you can play online, and please add me to your friendlist: PSN: julian9947
pc player
Did you restart the router after that?

shop27C171CB8
03-21-2011, 11:17 AM
We are currently examining ACBrotherhood PC multiplayer, if you are having problems, please file a ticket with www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

UbiGabe
Gabriel Graziani

ellumin0us
03-21-2011, 11:30 AM
We are currently examining ACBrotherhood PC multiplayer, if you are having problems, please file a ticket with www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

UbiGabe
Gabriel Graziani

Why don't THEY look through all the COMPLAINING topics on all the forums, even on THEIR OWN forum!!!! And when will they be ready with the examining?? it's been four days so I think they had enough time for the examination, don't they have testers who can "work" in the weekends?

Annjul555
03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
At first I had problems too. Then i configured somehow my router and I have no problems at all. Well, still i cant play with friends because of unreachable error, but Im happy that I dont have to wait more than 5minutes when playing random games.
MP is awesome.

Mr_Shade
03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by shop172A4DADB:

UbiGabe
Gabriel Graziani

Why don't THEY look through all the COMPLAINING topics on all the forums, even on THEIR OWN forum!!!! And when will they be ready with the examining?? it's been four days so I think they had enough time for the examination, don't they have testers who can "work" in the weekends? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi there,

They do look at the forums, and they are aware of the forum post's - however the forums are not here for support - it's vital that people report issues directly to support - using the correct process.

Using Support allows all of the info to be collated and passed to the Dev team, posting on the forums a simple 'it's broke' - does not really help.. so support may ask you to perform certain tasks, or supply detailed PC information.

I have posted a pinned thread - to highlight the need to contact support - and to make those unaware that Ubisoft is looking into the issue.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...691085619#9691085619 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/9691085619?r=9691085619#9691085619)

I will start to lock repeat threads soon - since even though I understand peoples frustrations and I cannot repeat enough that I'm sorry that people have had this problem, repeat threads on here will not help the issue.

Reporting it directly to support - will.