PDA

View Full Version : chessmaster

oozziejoe
12-25-2007, 01:45 PM
hi folks,

I am interested in setting up an 1900 or so player, who plays in the hypermodern style.

Is there any document that provides a detailed description of the personality parameters (listed under style, positional, material etc).

The reti personality currently in cm has own control of centre and other control of the centre set on low priority. I think hypermodern play involves less pawn control of the centre int he opening, but the pawns may come to dominate the centre in the middle to endgame. So this setting is not quite right. the only way i can think to get a true hypermodern style is to set center control at normal and build and deeper and wider hypermodern opening book (does anybody have one already?)

oozziejoe
12-25-2007, 01:45 PM
hi folks,

I am interested in setting up an 1900 or so player, who plays in the hypermodern style.

Is there any document that provides a detailed description of the personality parameters (listed under style, positional, material etc).

The reti personality currently in cm has own control of centre and other control of the centre set on low priority. I think hypermodern play involves less pawn control of the centre int he opening, but the pawns may come to dominate the centre in the middle to endgame. So this setting is not quite right. the only way i can think to get a true hypermodern style is to set center control at normal and build and deeper and wider hypermodern opening book (does anybody have one already?)

oozziejoe
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
ok, that sounds good. I can put together pgn for the white side (based on the "dynmaic reti", and I can also put together one for black responses to d4 (based on nimzo-indian). I do not have much knowledge on the hypermodern response to e4 (I presume the most sound hypermodern responses would be either pirc or alekhine). Maybe someone with more knowledge can create these?

It may take me a little while. ONe difficulty with the reti openings (e.g. starting nf3) is that they are highly transpositional, and can become a non-hypermdern opening quickly. this means you need a book with at least ten moves are so to get into the hypermodern position.

best
J