PDA

View Full Version : Masyaf fortress and Game completion?

PurpleHaze1980
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Just wondering, is there a way to climb the fortess in Masyaf (where your headquarters are). Am still looking for all the flags and wondered if any of them might be up on the higher levels I can't seem to access.

I've completed the game but I still have flags and templars to find/take care of. Is there any kind of bonus for finding them all?

FiskMunk
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
There's no way to scale the entire thing, and you get no bonuses from killing all Templars/acquiring all flags.

PurpleHaze1980
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
That's kinda sucky http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I was kind of hoping for some kind of "unlocking" of features by completing certain things. I had been to every viewpoint and thought maybe I'd unlock something cool like being able to load blocks of the game without mission briefings and interferance from NPCs but nooooooo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i guess I just have to sit and wait til ACII is released on PC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Also seems incredibly odd that the fortress/headquarters is the ONLY place you can't scale completely...I mean almost every building in the game is accessable for climbing...and THAT's the only one? You'd think they would have made it climbable as a place to practice climbing skills initially...

Matt_156
02-03-2010, 07:14 PM
AC1 shipped unfinished and was never sufficiently patched unfortunately.

it sure would be great to be able to free-roam after the main story is over.

PurpleHaze1980
02-04-2010, 04:31 AM
It shipped unfinished? Wow. Hope this isn't gonna happen for the PC version of the sequel...I don't mind so much for the first game (only cost me 6.99 haha), but for the second I'd be annoyed if I paid 30 and it was unfinished. Shame it couldn't be extended by expansion or similiar to make it go further.

FiskMunk
02-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Well, we won't have to pay for DLC in AC II for PC.
However, we'll be forced to endure a horrible new DRM "solution" that requires you to stay online 24/7 in order to play the game - There won't be an offline mode.
I have a highly unstable connection, so it's naturally a life-long dream of mine to not be able to properly play an extremely anticipated singleplayer game because of it.

PurpleHaze1980
02-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Wait...I'm confused now...ACII won't be playable offline or this...DLC thing won't be? I hope there's SOMEWAY to play offline - my laptop (which I play on) has a ridiculously bad network card in it and cuts me off on and off all day (despite having a 10mb connection to broadband). Is the DLC thing you're going on about an expansion or something?

mojsarn
02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
You PC buyers dont have to pay for the dlcs, it comes with the game, but what hes saying is that you cant play the game without internet, to prevent illegal copies.

PurpleHaze1980
02-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Guess I won't be playing then since my Acer laptop can't keep itself connected to the internet. Nice of ubisoft to punish their real customers for what the pirates do. Oh well. 30.00 of mine they won't be getting. Guess I'll go back to playing Thief or something of the like.

FiskMunk
02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:
Guess I won't be playing then since my Acer laptop can't keep itself connected to the internet. Nice of ubisoft to punish their real customers for what the pirates do. Oh well. 30.00 of mine they won't be getting. Guess I'll go back to playing Thief or something of the like.

How come 90% of the PC gamers who get the news about Ubi's new DRM then complain about it?
I think I see a pattern emerging...
Let's hope Ubi sees it as well.

PurpleHaze1980
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:

How come 90% of the PC gamers who get the news about Ubi's new DRM then complain about it?
I think I see a pattern emerging...
Let's hope Ubi sees it as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really ODD coincidence, isn't it? That people complain. It's almost like...there was something WRONG with it...

Scary. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mojsarn
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
But there isnt something wrong with the idea, its a pretty good solution but most people do have a stable connection these days.

FiskMunk
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by mojsarn:
But there isnt something wrong with the idea, its a pretty good solution but most people do have a stable connection these days.

Good solution? From the looks of it, it'll be bypassed in a matter of days.
Like everything else.

And just because most have a stable connection doesn't mean all does, as myself - And indirectly, since there's no option to play offline, we'll have to pay money to not just buy the game itself, but also later while playing it.

If this was concerning MMOs (or similar)? -Sure, it's a Massive Multiplayer ONLINE game after all.

But singleplayer games, with in essence no ties to the Internet? -What? What genius thought that crap up?

Black_Widow9
02-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Please get back on Topic instead of Hijacking this Thread to further explain how you feel about DRM.
Thanks