PDA

View Full Version : This keeps happening, Someone tell me why

Acme70
01-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Every so often in the single player campaign (DGEN Generated) after a mission i hit apply & nothing happens, It never goes to the next mission (i waited more than 10mins once), I end up having to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the game & when i restart i says that my campaign is 100% complete or i get this screen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Acme1970/IL2M_W050109_194950_C05010919495078.jpg

I don't play online so all i have is the single player campaign, If it does'nt work then i might as well stop playing

AlmightyTallest
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I have had the exact same problem myself. It seems to only happen at certain missions in the campaign.

So far, I haven't run into this YET. I reinstalled PF stand alone. Then I got the 3.00 to 3.03 stand alone patch and patched the sim. So far haven't had this problem, but you may want to go to the Community Help forum here, if they can't fix you up, then you may want to save the mission or report this as a bug.

dieg777
01-10-2005, 06:57 AM
this happens when you do not allow dgen time to complete its update and quit out. You have screwed it up and in future you have to give it time -although it does seem to be slowing down with each patch.

horseback
01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Have you tried creating a different pilot account/name? I've never had that problem, and I always try to come up with some kind of different name for each of my pilot careers ("Horst von Throat" is one of my LW favorites).

cheers

horseback

Heavy_Weather
01-10-2005, 12:44 PM
this normally happens after a patch is installed.

Acme70
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heavy_Weather:
this normally happens after a patch is installed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This statement makes sense to me because this problem did'nt happen when i first installed PF, It started after the patches were installed

Zeus-cat
01-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Do you have Lowingren's DCG installed? I have seen the exact same thing happen to me when I try to create a mission with the wrong mission generator installed. For example, if I have a DCG campaign going and for some reason unistall Lowingren's DCG and reinstall the original dgen and then go back in the game and try to continue the DCG campaign, it will lock up exactly like you have shown. Essentially, the game is trying to generate a mission without the proper files.

If you don't have Lowingren's DCG, then something has corrupted your campaign files (or there is something wrong with one of them) and the game locks up for the same reason - not all of the files or info is available to the mission generator.

Zeus-cat

Acme70
01-10-2005, 10:10 PM
No i don't use the DCG Generator

Zeus-cat
01-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Just read a post that says the game will sort itself out and generate a mission - eventually. The person said they have had to wait as long as 15 minutes, but eventually it generated a mission.

Zeus-cat

Da_Godfatha
01-11-2005, 02:58 PM
It happened to me once when I watched a track I made. In the track I crashed??? (but in the mission I did not!!) and when I tryed to continue thecamp, Nuthin Honey!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif