PDA

View Full Version : HyperTime?

dbillo
01-26-2006, 06:04 AM
I know how time passes realistically in the sim. I've played offline missions that start in early evening, and after flying for an hour or so, it starts to get dark, and of course the clocks all tick away as in real life.

I suppose this would be the case for the various servers that seem to run non-stop over on Hyperlobby. I've been popping into empty ones (DF) just to see what's there, and in a couple of instances, it was night time. My assumption was that it was due to the normal passage of time in the mission as long as it is running, and that if I entered the same server 12 hours later, it would be day time. I assume, also, that if the mission is restarted, time would begin again from whatever hour was set in the 'Conditions'.

Is that the way it works with the online servers?

dbillo
01-26-2006, 06:04 AM
I know how time passes realistically in the sim. I've played offline missions that start in early evening, and after flying for an hour or so, it starts to get dark, and of course the clocks all tick away as in real life.

I suppose this would be the case for the various servers that seem to run non-stop over on Hyperlobby. I've been popping into empty ones (DF) just to see what's there, and in a couple of instances, it was night time. My assumption was that it was due to the normal passage of time in the mission as long as it is running, and that if I entered the same server 12 hours later, it would be day time. I assume, also, that if the mission is restarted, time would begin again from whatever hour was set in the 'Conditions'.

Is that the way it works with the online servers?

dazza9806482
01-26-2006, 06:43 AM
True, but i dont think many servers run a single mission non-stop. most have map changes after a while.

i think technically thats possible, although im wracking my brains to remember if time advances and the sun goes down etc.

Jetbuff
01-26-2006, 09:23 AM
You are correct on pretty much all acounts, except that some dedicated servers can optionally set a static time parameter so that the time-of-day remains fixed. For non-dedicated servers there is also a 'tod' command to change the time-of-day as the host wishes.

Troll2k
01-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Dedicated servers can set the time of day to be fixed.That way it is always the same time.Also the clocks in the planes work in real time.(if time is moving in game)