PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2 Discovery ****SPOILERS*****

Assassin_M
12-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Iv seen and read somewhere that At the End of AC II Discovery Ezio seals the Apple of eden underneath the statue of altair in the villa and that he gains the power of immortality from the the staff and that he even meets altair Anyone here who can prove this ?

Sparty2020
12-12-2009, 04:22 AM
O_O the first part sounds cool but the "immortality" thing would mean both Ezio and Altair are still alive. I really want somebody to prove (or rather disprove) this too

SWJS
12-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
O_O the first part sounds cool but the "immortality" thing would mean both Ezio and Altair are still alive. I really want somebody to prove (or rather disprove) this too Agreed.

Assassin_M
12-12-2009, 06:52 AM
O_O the first part sounds cool but the "immortality" thing would mean both Ezio and Altair are still alive. I really want somebody to prove (or rather disprove) this too
WOW thats the Exact same reason i made this thread CAN U BELIEVE THE IRONY ?????????

TheEpicWolf
12-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I haven't heard this before but it sounds interesting, but one thing i want to say is how could Alair and Ezio be given immortality. Was it only the Apple that made illusions and if the staff gives immortality does that mean Altair also found it at some point.

Sparty2020
12-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Apparently the Apple contains all of the secrets of the universe and there are more than one way to gain immortality I guess, like the Fountain of Youth.

Does this mean that most of Desmond's ancestors are alive? That would really kill the plot for me

Assassin_M
12-12-2009, 07:31 AM
maybe its not just the staff because if u remember in the last page of the codex altair says: SPOILERS !!!!! <span class="ev_code_WHITE">that he wants a final look at the apple to see if it can extend his lifespan and then nothing</span>

HewieAlbino
12-12-2009, 07:35 AM
*spoilers for Codex*

From Altair's last entry:

"Soon I shall pass from this world. It is my time. All the hours of the day are now colored by the thoughts and fears borne of this realization. I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever. Our lives are so brief and unimportant. The cosmos cares nothing for us. For what we've done; Had we wrought evil instead of good. Had I chosen to abuse the Apple instead of seal it away. None of it would have mattered. There is no counting. No reckoning. No final judgement. There is simply silence. And darkness. Utter and absolute... And so I have begun to wonder - might there not be a way to stop - or at least delay - death's embrace? Surely the ones who came before were not so frail and feeble as we. But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core. Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look..."

It seems that the Apple can indeed grant immortality or at least prolong your life. And from what Altair wrote, he was tempted to use it for such a purpose. But whether he succumbed to that temptation or accepted death's embrace, we don't know.

Assassin_M
12-12-2009, 07:38 AM
now thats the mystery we cant say he lived cuz if he did indeed why didnt he continue the codex and we cant say he died cuz if he did why end the last page of the codex with such confusion and uncertainity

Sparty2020
12-12-2009, 07:53 AM
This reminds me of Halo 2's ending. The Codex is as great a myster as The Truth, and their both more interesting than Desmond's story. Poor Desmond, his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather is cooler than him

Assassin_M
12-12-2009, 08:05 AM
his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather is cooler than him
YOU BET

TheEpicWolf
12-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I wonder what age Altair was when considering trying to use the Apple to prolong his life.

Avl521
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
I wonder what age Altair was when considering trying to use the Apple to prolong his life.
hmmm so do I... it depends on why was he dying... either age or disease or a battle wound that went wrong... there are too many possibilities so knowing the age is impossible unless ubi tells us... on topic it's also very hard to know if Altair is alive... but the whole immortality sounds quite like too much to me so I'd rather believe Altair died as the greatest assassin ever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif at least until I see AC Dsicovery :P

nightpriestess
12-13-2009, 12:04 AM
This reminds me of Halo 2's ending. The Codex is as great a myster as The Truth, and their both more interesting than Desmond's story. Poor Desmond, his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather is cooler than him

I agree and disagree at the same time. I find the Apple an interesting artifact but at the same time I like Desmond's story line a lot more than Altair's or Ezio's lifestory sections. :P

Assassin_M
12-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
hmmm so do I... it depends on why was he dying... either age or disease or a battle wound that went wrong... there are too many possibilities so knowing the age is impossible unless ubi tells us... on topic it's also very hard to know if Altair is alive... but the whole immortality sounds quite like too much to me so I'd rather believe Altair died as the greatest assassin ever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif at least until I see AC Dsicovery :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well the least we can say is that he in the minimum lived until he was 61