PDA

View Full Version : It's So Quiet in Here!

Timothy2035
08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
It's soooo quiet lately. Is this perhaps the calm just before the "storm", where Ubisoft finally comes out with all the 7 reveals? Why Ubisoft are you holding back in fear. Fear is not good to embrace. You must let go your fear and let loose the game details.

*snickers*

Okay back to our normally scheduled forum program. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

(forgive me QuidProKuo, but I had to shake a few bushes for laughs, but it is pretty quiet on details.)

tenor335
08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
There's nothing to talk about. There hasn't really been for over a month now. Seriously, we've been needing an update for a while now, we need to be re-hyped for the game.

QuidProKuo
08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, we just put up the second Q&A and we've got a video coming up for PAX. Hang tight.

LordTerminal
08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Alright then. I hope it gets me hyped enough to pre-order this for the Technodrome level.

tenor335
08-26-2009, 08:07 PM
The Q&A doesn't really count, new characters or stages haven't been shown for a while. Or videos of the stages that you have hidden that we all already saw. The PAX video is just characters that have already been announced fighting. The Q&A and the PAX video are not what we mean when we say "something new."

crispy4004
08-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Jeez you guys are needy. If you want something new to look at, check out this video of the Cruise Ship (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9raj5_je09-in-game-tmnt-smash-up_videogames).

Timothy2035
08-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by crispy4004:
Jeez you guys are needy. If you want something new to look at, check out this video of the Cruise Ship (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9raj5_je09-in-game-tmnt-smash-up_videogames). So you've been holding out on us eh? That video has an older date. LOL! Though it was nice to see, but we really want to see something entirely new now. No more of the "same old." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

shinigamihedge
08-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Timothy2035:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crispy4004:
Jeez you guys are needy. If you want something new to look at, check out this video of the Cruise Ship (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9raj5_je09-in-game-tmnt-smash-up_videogames). So you've been holding out on us eh? That video has an older date. LOL! Though it was nice to see, but we really want to see something entirely new now. No more of the "same old." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh at April taunting about being a rose with thorns at the end... O_o know your place, April. Even Splinter is hotter than you in that awful cgi version.

Kooichi-kun
08-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Guys, the game comes out in less then a month. We've already seen tons of stages and 13 of the characters. Don't go saying the Q&A and PAX video don't count. That's incredibly rude. If I was Ubisoft I stop the questions and video fights all together cause you guys seem un-grateful =P Let them go at there own pace, jeez xD;

deathtojohnny
08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I like how that video is linked to "Crazy Girl Fight Collection." That's the hottest thing I've ever seen.

Anyways, back on topic:

The questions are all questions to answers we already know with a tinge of bush-beating answers.

As for the videos-- they are actually counterproductive at this point. Think about it this way: it's like releasing videos of Super Mario Bros. 1 and showing us some gameplay of Mario jumping on Goombas. We already know how the game works-- we can practically play it in our heads. So who actually needs to buy it? At this point, we can just wait for the game to be released, get the character reveals and move on with our lives. We need something to keep us steadily excited and baited until the very end when our cash is over the counter and out of our pocket.

Nothing against Quid or the Ubisoft folks, hell I love them to death:

I'd take a bullet for them. I'd jump into a speeding train for them. I'd sacrifice my first born child (incidentally, who's first name is Ubi) for them -- but they need me in their marketing department.

First thing I'd do is make sure that they don't have zombies playing the characters for these videos. Did anyone notice Casey Jones just swiping at the air for no good reason? I had to stop watching the video right there and start watching the "Crazy Girl Fight."

tenor335
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
It's not rude to blatantly state the opinion of almost the entire board. I'm not the only one who has this opinion otherwise I would have let it rest.

blackandblue85
08-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Patience....

Kooichi-kun
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by tenor335:
It's not rude to blatantly state the opinion of almost the entire board. I'm not the only one who has this opinion otherwise I would have let it rest.

I'm calling everyone's opinion rude xD Ubisoft is doing something that almost no video game company does. It's talking with the fans and puts up polls, Q&As, blogs, and dev diaries for us. Barely anybody respects that. It's just "I WANT TO SEE MORE CHARACTERZ PLOX D:"

LordTerminal
09-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Normally I'd agree but I think the least they can do is tell us there's some characters from the 80s show playable in this game. If only because I'm sick of seeing so many blog and forum posts from people about how the game sucks simply because it doesn't have anything from that series.

Timothy2035
09-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Kooichi-kun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tenor335:

I'm calling everyone's opinion rude xD Ubisoft is doing something that almost no video game company does. It's talking with the fans and puts up polls, Q&As, blogs, and dev diaries for us. Barely anybody respects that. It's just "I WANT TO SEE MORE CHARACTERZ PLOX D:" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atari has done that before with the things you listed.

It is still very quiet though. I mean, so close to release and you hardly know more of the released characters. Though hey, maybe its the calm just before the storm (of released info).

FalconSuxNBrawl
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Kooichi-kun:
I'm calling everyone's opinion rude xD Ubisoft is doing something that almost no video game company does. It's talking with the fans and puts up polls, Q&As, blogs, and dev diaries for us. Barely anybody respects that. It's just "I WANT TO SEE MORE CHARACTERZ PLOX D:"

Way to go, Kooichi-kun.

I'd buy this game with the amount of characters so far already. (In fact, I already have this game preordered and fully paid for). The amount (and overall quality) of the cast they have revealed so far + the amount they have left is an excellent first effort.

The main draw, besides being a Turtles game, for me though with Smash Up is the "brawler" (Smash) style gameplay with potentially more core gameplay substance than the "wet and wild" item, tripfest party known as Brawl.

blackandblue85
09-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by FalconSuxNBrawl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kooichi-kun:

Way to go, Kooichi-kun.

I'd buy this game with the amount of characters so far already. (In fact, I already have this game preordered and fully paid for). The amount (and overall quality) of the cast they have revealed so far + the amount they have left is an excellent first effort.

The main draw, besides being a Turtles game, for me though with Smash Up is the "brawler" (Smash) style gameplay with potentially more core gameplay substance than the "wet and wild" item, tripfest party known as Brawl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with both of you guys, but actually, there's one person on the board who's more concerned about the charecters than all of us combined!!! Plus, they're already posting stuff that all of us already know!!!

And, yes, I have my game reserved already. I reserved it back in May or June http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.