PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Campaigns

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 08:40 PM
i think bombers like the TB-3s, Ju-87 and He-111s should bomb buildings and factorys not just car convoys and trains. thats a job for sturmoviks and and JABO planes. i don't know how often in ww2 that a Heavy bomber bombed a car convoy from 3000m. in fact i dont even think heavy bombers attacked convoys at all. they problably attacked ports where ships were loading/unloading with cars/tanks/trains ect. my point is that its not very realistic for a Heavy/medium/dive bomber doing a fighter-bomber or a sturmovik's job. it is probley too hard to put that into an update so please keep it in mind for the next version. that turns me off playing the TB-3 or He-111 careers. i think the old pilot career system is better
than the new dynamic campaign mode.
Thats just my opinion don't take it in a negitive way iu still love to play FB.
Lou69

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 08:40 PM
i think bombers like the TB-3s, Ju-87 and He-111s should bomb buildings and factorys not just car convoys and trains. thats a job for sturmoviks and and JABO planes. i don't know how often in ww2 that a Heavy bomber bombed a car convoy from 3000m. in fact i dont even think heavy bombers attacked convoys at all. they problably attacked ports where ships were loading/unloading with cars/tanks/trains ect. my point is that its not very realistic for a Heavy/medium/dive bomber doing a fighter-bomber or a sturmovik's job. it is probley too hard to put that into an update so please keep it in mind for the next version. that turns me off playing the TB-3 or He-111 careers. i think the old pilot career system is better
than the new dynamic campaign mode.
Thats just my opinion don't take it in a negitive way iu still love to play FB.
Lou69

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:16 AM
1st of all He-111s were medium bombers, german air doctrine stated max effort was to be given to supporting the ground troops.

to it is historicaly correct to bomb convoys, marcheling yards,bridges, and arty.

Leutnant Schlageter

KG 54 "Totenlopf Operations Offizer

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 09:20 AM
Dont overlook the PBYs,
With Gibbage making the PBY flyable, we are looking at creating an entire South Pacific Black Cat campaign.

Those stealth PBYs flew a lot of dangerouse missions, attacking Japanese shipping at night, as well as Japanese Air fields, as well as resupplying Australian commandoes behind Japaneses lines, by landing in Jungle rivers.
We already have one Online Coop created where a PBY Black Cat lands in a river, in the early morning hours slipping through un noticed while the P39N1 Cap of the 8th fighter group tackled a Jap Air Patrol at dawn.

Setting up that AI to actualy take off and then land in the river took some doing I can assure you, actualy being able to fly it and then do the same with your cap fighting off Jap Zeros is going to be quite a challange.
Some Screen shots here,

http://www.geocities.com/blackwulf1_2000/kg55.html

There is absolutly no stopping us here.

S!

Message Edited on 07/19/0308:25AM by Artic_Wulf

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:47 AM
I'd like to see that runaways can be targets. Than you could make real airfield attacks. Even for buildings you have to put vehicles into them to make them a target.

I find that a bit poor...

< !-- sig -->
<HR noshade>
Our conviction is like an arrow already in flight.
Your life will only last until it reaches you.
-
The spice extends life, the spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. Travel without moving.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Back in the days targeting runways was not very usefull, given that most planes could take off on grass.

My He-111 campaign is full of bridge attacks, airfield attacks, trainstation attacks...which is quite realistic. The occasional convoy is hard to hunt, but they did do that job.

If you look at the late-model He-111 (The H6, I think, with the Torpedo Option) then you will notice that it has a 20mm cannon in the nose, same as in the 109 E4 outter wings. This was built in espcially for - you guessed it...truck hunting.