PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand something about flotilla's..help

joejccva
12-31-2005, 11:37 PM
I started in 1939 at Flot 1 which according to the community manual..it's supposed to start in Wilhelmshaven, but it didn't. I started in Kiel. Did I do something wrong? I've already completed 2 patrols and it's October 5th 1939 now and I still don't have access to the next type of U-boat which I thought was the IID. I have over 2k of renown and it still shows IIA in the Uboat options at home base.

The mods I have installed are:
IUB v1.02
SH3 Commander
RealDamage Mod
Sky mod
Navimap Mod
Heavy Radio Messages Mod

I want a new type of U-boat but it won't let me transfer flotilla's. It keeps saying "Request Denied". Any ideas? Is my game messed up or something or is the community manual site incorrect as far as the timeline goes and the starting flotillas?

Please assist and thanks.

joejccva
12-31-2005, 11:37 PM
I started in 1939 at Flot 1 which according to the community manual..it's supposed to start in Wilhelmshaven, but it didn't. I started in Kiel. Did I do something wrong? I've already completed 2 patrols and it's October 5th 1939 now and I still don't have access to the next type of U-boat which I thought was the IID. I have over 2k of renown and it still shows IIA in the Uboat options at home base.

The mods I have installed are:
IUB v1.02
SH3 Commander
RealDamage Mod
Sky mod
Navimap Mod
Heavy Radio Messages Mod

I want a new type of U-boat but it won't let me transfer flotilla's. It keeps saying "Request Denied". Any ideas? Is my game messed up or something or is the community manual site incorrect as far as the timeline goes and the starting flotillas?

Please assist and thanks.

HW3
01-01-2006, 04:04 AM
I believe SH3 Commander corrected some misinformation on the 1st flotilla.

JScones
01-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Put simply, the original SH3 is *way* off with the 1st Flotilla. So:
-RUb via IUB corrects the starting port.
-SH3 Commander corrects the U-boat availability dates. The impact is most felt in the 1st Flotilla... The IID becomes available in Sep40, the VIIC in Mar41, the VIIB in Jun41 (yes, after the VIIC) and the VIIC/41 in Jun44. The VIIC/42 never becomes available (just like real life).

Fortunately, if you're not happy with these corrections, they are adjustable/removable. Just look at the second last Q&A here (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45430).

BTW, these changes are explained in the respective mod readmes.

For info, the Community Manual refers to an unmodded stock SH3. And you won't get a transfer until you have enough renown.

Horvald
01-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I did the same thing and now I am stuck in Kiel. I just wanted to see what Brest was like, ohh well.