PDA

View Full Version : cfs2 :(

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 11:59 PM
man i just played combat flight sim 2 and it just stinks im not even comparing it to f.b it just sucks on is own merits. it flys like the old arcade game after burn lol. really makes me glade for f.b. or mabie im just spoild becouse of f.b i dont know mabie its just a bad first impresune http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"life moves preaty fast if you dont stop and look around once and a while you could miss it" {Ferris Bueller}

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 11:59 PM
man i just played combat flight sim 2 and it just stinks im not even comparing it to f.b it just sucks on is own merits. it flys like the old arcade game after burn lol. really makes me glade for f.b. or mabie im just spoild becouse of f.b i dont know mabie its just a bad first impresune http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"life moves preaty fast if you dont stop and look around once and a while you could miss it" {Ferris Bueller}

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 12:14 AM
fordfan25 wrote:
- man i just played combat flight sim 2 and it just
- stinks im not even comparing it to f.b it just sucks
- on is own merits. it flys like the old arcade game
- after burn lol. really makes me glade for f.b. or
- mabie im just spoild becouse of f.b i dont know
- mabie its just a bad first impresune /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
- "life moves preaty fast if you dont stop and look
- around once and a while you could miss it" {Ferris
- Bueller}

Err... well comparing CFS3 (C.2000) to FB (2002) is a little unfair perhaps?

CFS2 was good for it's time (player flyable aircraft still look fantastic) but off course FB is much better.

Shame MS made such a dogs dinner of CFS3 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 12:59 AM
at least collisions both planes exploded. I played cfs2 a few months ago its still good full world terrain carrier landing very great and fun game and the plane models look excellent. I think il2 fb and cfs2 flight models are very close in arcadishness without a doubt! But fb has much better gunnery and water effects which makes the game.

What do you think a full worl terrain sim from 1c would look like?? probally similiar to fs2004.

il2fb has small square maps that you can fly to all the edges high alt is just horable and the ground is a circle of haze with a little plate as the ground.

I do like il2fb alot more strictly becuase of the no massive cheating but there still are many exploits people use which need removing. The gunnery and full real options to play in a closed cockpit is why il2fb is truely great to me.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 01:11 AM
CFS2 is awsome for its time. The aircraft look great and it has several neat features
-carrier landings
-folding wings
-manualy opening your parachute after bailing out (sometimes it doesnt open)
-opening and closing the canopy
-seeing cockpit lights from outside the aircraft
-and being able to "warp" to the next waypoint is useful so you dont have to fly for 4 hours to do a mission.

but FB is a much better game

your job isnt to die for your country...its to make the other guy die for his

Message Edited on 10/27/0306:12PM by ST_Spyke

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Oh it isn't that bad.

What other sim offered carrier ops, a good assortment of planes, infinte expandability, and decent terrain?

I had much more fun with CFS1, my first prop sim, and almost as much fun as with CFS3, which I blew into dust with a 12 gauge and mailed the putrid pieces back to Bill Gates.

CFS2 wasn't a masterpiece like IL2, but for the time it was a hell of a lot of fun. Beside, you got to hunt the Japanese navy!

"Official Lancaster Whiner"

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 01:27 AM
I think il2 is far from a masterpiece it has soo many problems but it is the best flightsim thats out, Im hoping maddox's new engine is going to blow fbs engine out of the water and keep 1c ahead in the flightsim market. Theres not much competition anymore

<center>http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:25 AM
i think im starting to like cfs2 a littel better iv only used the f word 4 times this past hour lol what i dont get is why is thayr 2 cockpits one looks like crap but you can see the instraments better. also is thayr a way to asiegn the pilotes veiw to the mouse like fb. or at least a botton that will return his line of sight back to streight ahead in the good looking cockpit. if imm in a dog fight and look around by the time i resenter my view im 3 sec from impact. just asking if any one remembers off the top of thayr heads.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Cfs 2 ROCKS i still have it instaled all the things you can do with it iv'e got 80 planes from fokker eindekker to boeing 747 and over 60 air ports pluss the default pacific airfields and i have lost count of all the effects ive installed

http://www.uploadit.org/files/171003-Fradd.JPG

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Hey fordfan, dude, your posts are unreadable. Try using a little punctuation.

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 03:25 AM
punctuation NO WAY DUDE thats what the "MAN" wants you to do .. that and stop at red lights and i do neather i refuse to use punctuations thayr just evil evil fowl creations to try and make you conform to what the man wants you to be and ill have none of that my life is one long run on sentence and thats my way of fighting back at the oppression that is to days world or i just forget to do it but at any rate this ones for you. o and im starting to get into cfs2. im down to 2 "f" words a hour now.http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif