PDA

View Full Version : military flight sim

alitomdq
12-04-2004, 08:56 AM
maybe this is the wrong place, but I`m somehow lost.
I sent you once a mail related with this:
I`m in hte Argentine Air Force, flown many years IA-58 Pucará and Mirage 5 Fighter bombers. I`m actually working on a proyect of a low cost military flight sim and found fb-aep-pf, with some modifications, suitable to give young piltos, instruction on AA and AG tactics.
My intention is to represent the FMA IA-63 "Pampa" cockpit, and the terrain of the zone where they operate (mendoza, Argentina), and reproduce as much as posible the flight caracteristics of this a/c. Actually it has not HUD, but will have soon.
So as you can see, it is something that can be perfectly done(the Yp-80 proves it) with your sim (wich I´ve been flying since il-2).
This is still a proyect, but I firmly belive that will be considerated as a concrete program in the next year.
I´d like to contact somebody that could give me info about costs, and treatement of confidential data, as flight performances of trining military a/c`s.
Thanx, and sorry for bothering you.
"Gato"

alitomdq
12-04-2004, 08:56 AM
maybe this is the wrong place, but I`m somehow lost.
I sent you once a mail related with this:
I`m in hte Argentine Air Force, flown many years IA-58 Pucará and Mirage 5 Fighter bombers. I`m actually working on a proyect of a low cost military flight sim and found fb-aep-pf, with some modifications, suitable to give young piltos, instruction on AA and AG tactics.
My intention is to represent the FMA IA-63 "Pampa" cockpit, and the terrain of the zone where they operate (mendoza, Argentina), and reproduce as much as posible the flight caracteristics of this a/c. Actually it has not HUD, but will have soon.
So as you can see, it is something that can be perfectly done(the Yp-80 proves it) with your sim (wich I´ve been flying since il-2).
This is still a proyect, but I firmly belive that will be considerated as a concrete program in the next year.
I´d like to contact somebody that could give me info about costs, and treatement of confidential data, as flight performances of trining military a/c`s.
Thanx, and sorry for bothering you.
"Gato"

AWL_Spinner
12-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Don't know if you'll have any success with Oleg but if not, I'd suggest maybe trying some of the Argentine developers involved in the Falkland/Malvinas simulator Jet Thunder, I know they're modelling a Pucara.

Their web site is http://www.thunder-works.com

Regards, Spinner

alitomdq
12-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Tx for the info.
I`ve already met some of the people that was working on it last year (in argentina).
Anyway, the flight model made by Oleg`s people is the best an actual sim can offer. At least, is my opinion after flying a/c`s like the brazilian Tucano (Emb-312) wich performs somehow like the 109 F series (it really does).
Of course , we always have the option to take an "open" sim flight model, and improve it.
But I think this is something, at least, I should ask.