PDA

View Full Version : il2 orig / qmb / weapon convergence / what range?

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
i have read much talk of preferred settings for convergence in FB. i am still flying the original. I use the QMB a lot and I do not seem to be able to set this. Does any one know the range at which it is set ? I am spending a lot of time in a FW 190 a4.
I am sad to say that I am reading this site more than I am able to fly, but still learning lots.
keep up the good work chaps
roger and out.

"The path to wisdom is a long one...only after being able to take off, fly a circuit, take out 4 passing bombers, without sustaining damage and land again...will I have taken the first step."

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
i have read much talk of preferred settings for convergence in FB. i am still flying the original. I use the QMB a lot and I do not seem to be able to set this. Does any one know the range at which it is set ? I am spending a lot of time in a FW 190 a4.
I am sad to say that I am reading this site more than I am able to fly, but still learning lots.
keep up the good work chaps
roger and out.

"The path to wisdom is a long one...only after being able to take off, fly a circuit, take out 4 passing bombers, without sustaining damage and land again...will I have taken the first step."

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 01:19 PM
The gun/cannon convergence is set up in the mission screens. Fly a regular mission or campaign and after you set it there, it will stay that way for the next QMB you run even though you cannot see it. Try 250M and start firing when your range gets down to .30 and closing.

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 01:50 PM
thanks for that. so 500m = .5 in the icon deatils ? it looks like i have been blasting away too soon. I open fire from about .9 no wonder i dont hit much !