PDA

View Full Version : Who is struggling to understand Mission Mate? Do we need a tutorial?

CrazySchmidt
10-17-2004, 07:03 PM

antifreeze
10-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Looks like a good tool; thanks for your effort.
The help html file looks extremely comprehensive. I think if you described the features anymore than you already have, people might get too bogged-down. And of course, some people never learn how to use software, no matter how much you spoon-feed them!

Salut!

davido53
10-18-2004, 03:07 PM
I need a tutorial!

peterm1
10-19-2004, 04:10 AM
I managed to make basic missions with only a quick read of parts of the help file. Not sure if a tutorial is essential but sure would not hurt if possible. The few missions I have made work well. Well done. I like it.

DD_NL
10-19-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm for a tutorial and an upgrade to include PF ;-)

jamesdietz
10-19-2004, 10:46 AM
As you may have read it took me a while to find the tutorial ...I first had to go to programs find Mission Mate & then ,of course it was right there :Mission Mate Help. Now having printed all 63 pages(!)I'm going to start to read about all the possibilities( & try to understand them!) What I do like is the ability to easily change the a/c in already existing missions ,as well as time, altitude etc & perhaps even more ( when I read the tutorial, I wish I could change the number of planes in a few - I'd like more Messerschmitts to deal withthe wedge frmations of B-17s!!) It is a shame this doesn't come with a self installing desktop icon.I'd use it more often instead of the very goog Mat Manager that I use more often than not to get into the game....

CrazySchmidt
10-19-2004, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesdietz:
It is a shame this doesn't come with a self installing desktop icon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did consider this and then thought not everyone likes having shortcuts placed on their desktop, so I decided against it.

Are you aware that you can easily create a desktop icon yourself? Use the "Start - All Programs" menu and go to the "Mission Mate v1.2" menu as if you would to start the program, then right click and a pop-up menu will appear. Then select "Send To" then off the sub menu select "Desktop (create shortcut)". This will create the desktop icon you are looking for.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

buz13
11-01-2004, 05:10 AM
Mission Mate is GREAT........Can I please have more...Pacific Fighers update please...
Thanks you very much