PDA

View Full Version : Future of 1C in North America?

james_ander
12-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. In light of the recent problems, I think the situation can be summed up by saying that many of us in North America are worried that 1c flight sims will stop being distributed here. This may be an overreaction on our part (or on mine), but it is hard not to keep it from the back of our minds. I think we can live without this or that aircraft. But I think we have all had a scare that this is a possibility.

I was blown away when I came across the IL2 demo and continue to be impressed. In my opinion, the IL2 series has elevated the genre to an art form, it is truly unique, original and well done; not something I would expect to find in a "computer game". I know that sounds like a bit much, but art and originality can be found in unexpected places.

Regardless of the future of ceratin US aircraft in this sim, I would be pleased enough to know that 1C Maddox will continue to distribute flight simulations in North America, whether it be eastern front, Battle of Britain, etc. But there are never any guarentees.

james_ander
12-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. In light of the recent problems, I think the situation can be summed up by saying that many of us in North America are worried that 1c flight sims will stop being distributed here. This may be an overreaction on our part (or on mine), but it is hard not to keep it from the back of our minds. I think we can live without this or that aircraft. But I think we have all had a scare that this is a possibility.

I was blown away when I came across the IL2 demo and continue to be impressed. In my opinion, the IL2 series has elevated the genre to an art form, it is truly unique, original and well done; not something I would expect to find in a "computer game". I know that sounds like a bit much, but art and originality can be found in unexpected places.

Regardless of the future of ceratin US aircraft in this sim, I would be pleased enough to know that 1C Maddox will continue to distribute flight simulations in North America, whether it be eastern front, Battle of Britain, etc. But there are never any guarentees.