PDA

View Full Version : PS3 ISSUES & BUGS

Doc.Canis
07-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Post any bugs with the PS3 version. Not wish list for naked lap dancers to make it into the game. Just a basic bug thread.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Voice communication randomly cuts off and no one can hear each other. This seems to happend when someone leaves the game. My tests aren't conclusive yet, but the problem may be found there.

<LI>Random disconnects from ranked games. It only happends after the ranked game has been initiated, never in the warmup game. When it disconnects it says there is a problem with my connection to playstation network. BUT THERE IS NO PROBLEM. It may be a router compability problem within the game(uPnP). EDIT: There is a problem with compatability with the streaming engine on the sitecom WL-308 gaming router, possibly "Dynamic Fragmentation". Perhaps a general issue with QoS? FIX needed... some of us actually have a decent setup that allows gaming while the rest of our family can use the internet! Disabling the streaming engine QoS completely fixes the rank match disconnects!

<LI>No password for private games. This is a must. Private unranked games with a password.

<LI>You need to be able to change game mode when between rounds instead of having to quit and set up a new one!

<LI>I have a 20Mbit fiber and can host all games with no issues and everyone will have perfect connections. Yet on CoJ people will lag for no good reason. There seems to be issues with the game service UBI. I have tested under every possible condition, with a router and directly connected to my modem.

<LI>General online conectivity issues

<LI>Manhunt spawns should be revised. Sometimes other players spawn directly behind you. Also spawn raping should be adressed.
[/list]

Thank you Raide. Deleted my other posts to keep the thread clean. I will try to keep this first post updated with all (useful) suggestions.

RaunchyNO
07-05-2009, 06:45 AM
they should be setting up a support thread 2 and in there threads for pc ps3 and 360
the bug count is high annuf for it

farreach56
07-05-2009, 08:55 AM
i could never host a match myself without problems but main 1 is for me is the only map i have trouble on when playing wild west legends is NOGALES every time i join the map on that game type i always get some kinda problem that said's the game no longer exists when in fact i am the only 1 who get kicks from game. well their is another thing but i think they did that on purpose but it is very annoying when i am playing a match with somewhat bad connection i can't help having bad connection the game has the little x on my screen and it freezes me where i can't move so i alway get shoot are miss my chance to kill someone it's very annoying

Chu-ChiAce
07-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Loads of people I know are getting discon in multiplayer on PS3 dont know about 360 or pc tho. Sounds like we need a patch and some dedicated servers??? Please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Doc.Canis
07-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by AngelJuan:
Loads of people I know are getting discon in multiplayer on PS3 dont know about 360 or pc tho. Sounds like we need a patch and some dedicated servers??? Please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IF you are getting disconnected in multiplayer, then disable your QoS, Streaming engine, trafic shaping etc. completely in your router, because the game doesn't work with that. And yes they need to fix router compatability.

crazedhobbit
07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
So far I have been very lucky, only experienced very minor lag for the first time last night. Have experienced none today. But have heard numerous friends saying about the issues raised here so it is happening over the board.
Let's hope they patch this soon so everyone can really enjoy this great game.

QuebecSuperstar
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I bought the game on its release day and I've never been able to join an online game. I always get the "Couldn't connect to server" message. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MUFCmarksman25
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I've been having trouble hearing my mates on a multiplayer game. It doesn't happen every time we play together and since I haven't played it too often I don't know if it's a game type or map. Also I'd like to be able to join my friends before I start or find a game like on Call of Duty. Does anyone else have these problems and would anyone else like the to be able to link with friends before you join a game? Or is it just me? Apart from this I find the game great.

bgdc107
07-07-2009, 11:32 AM
yes i was wondering does the stats reset on the mastery after so many points because i was ranked number 1 twice and it knocked me off the stats and started me bac off in the hundreds and my kill streak was 21 and it got reset somehow if i could get feedback on this issue i would appreciate it thanks by the way love the game lol

LazyBeastUK
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm having issues when playing in online games, to do with connection stability. Often a blue globe looking icon will appear and my character will be unable to move, yet i can see other players go about their business. Sometimes it is visible that a group of the players are having the same problems.

Also I find that players do not die from 5 or 6 clear shots, but they can kill me in 1 shot with pistols.

I am an avid online player and do not have issues such as these on any other games.

ShootTheHostage
07-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Here's one for you. The spawn points in Man Hunt. This is an issue I really hope they address. Spawing people directly in back of you for them to kill you over and over again. I find this very annoying and it doesn't make any sense.

I have been in many situations where this has occurred. Not only me getting kille but me killing about 12 in a row by sitting there waiting for them to spawn in the same spots over and over again.

Does anyone know if they plan on releasing a patch to fix not only this issue but many others with the online multiplayer games?

Doc.Canis
07-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by LazyBeastUK:
I'm having issues when playing in online games, to do with connection stability. Often a blue globe looking icon will appear and my character will be unable to move, yet i can see other players go about their business. Sometimes it is visible that a group of the players are having the same problems.

Also I find that players do not die from 5 or 6 clear shots, but they can kill me in 1 shot with pistols.

I am an avid online player and do not have issues such as these on any other games.

It takes two shots from the ranger guns to kill if you hit in the chest. Three shots from a regular revolver. But people may fire fast to make you think it's one shot, but it never will be one shot unless it's a headshot.

crazedhobbit
07-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by LazyBeastUK:

I am an avid online player and do not have issues such as these on any other games. A lot of people I kow and myself are having the same problem with the not being able to move, in my case it has only been happen the last 24 hours. But all the custom game servers are showing 1 bar or at best 2.

DocRocs
07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
I am also having the frustration of being kicked out of a game(can't remember the exact wording of the message) when I have racked up some money and loose it by being kicked out. I was using a custom server with 3 green bars too.
Any news on a fix for this? happens about 30% of time.
EDit - I'll check the QoS and turn it off if on.

Taheen19
07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
not really a bug, BUT PLEASE GOD FIX SPAWNS! they are terrible in all game modes with the exception of WWL. On several maps the spawns are right out in the open in plain sight of everybody. In the shootout game mode on several maps (taos pueblo comes to mind) when the match begins you spawn in direct line of sight of another player, (spawn/aim/fire/wait for his spawn/aim fire/wait again/aim fire) come on guys you can do better than this. If moving/adding spawn loactions is too difficult than possibly just extend the invincibility time to allow players to take cover before getting spawn raped. thanks!

Wrangler22
07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
For experienced online game hosts, setting up rooms and keeping them going is tedious. even when you set up your map pool the system boots you after a game or two and th room has to be rebuilt.

I have a superb connection, I routinely host 16 player rooms for GRAW2 and 14 player rooms for Rainbow Six Vegas 2, I host in game battle competition regularly. The connection problem only exists with this game.

The techs should look at the room hosting options from one of the above listed games to see how Ubisoft has perfected game hosting. The games with stayoing power are those that lend themselves to online competetive ladders. If they are too hard to work with theydie a quick online death.

DocRocs
07-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm new to this MP. How do you host a game on the PS3? Or can you? If your use PS3 do you need to do all that port forwarding stuff just to play the game or is that just for PC's? or is it just to host? Sorry to waste time but if anyone can tell me or give me a reference to look up I would appreciate it. Just curious.

Thanks

kristian16
07-11-2009, 10:46 AM
All I can say to people is make sure you have your ports open or have your PS3 set up as a static IP (DMZ) on your router as I've had no connection isues whatsoever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JJLann72485
07-11-2009, 07:23 PM
I am currently stuck in act 1. I am in the part where you are in the trenches and are supposed to keep the union soldiers from taking over the trenches. I use the cannon like it says, and kill all the soldiers to the right and in front of me, yet somehow, it says I failed and they got in. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting very frustrated.

Sneaky-Man78
07-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by JJLann72485:
I am currently stuck in act 1. I am in the part where you are in the trenches and are supposed to keep the union soldiers from taking over the trenches. I use the cannon like it says, and kill all the soldiers to the right and in front of me, yet somehow, it says I failed and they got in. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting very frustrated.

Try shooting cannon at the rafts coming across the water. If you listen to the objectives pop-up it says try and eliminate them before they reach the shore. Oh and aim a little high at least the cannon tragectory is moderately accurate. Hope that helps!

JJLann72485
07-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm not even to a spot where there is any water. I am on the battlefield, in a Confederate trench and am supposed to keep the Union from landing. I dont see any water anywhere....

MADagain321
07-14-2009, 04:46 AM
hey guys im using an hd plasma n the graphics suk n its distorting n wen i move the character lines appear on the screen n can u plz fix the loading times and when you die in singleplayer you go back to the act 1 cutscene the end of it n theres no need for it plz fix

MADagain321
07-14-2009, 04:47 AM
o and if u can help me plz contact me my pn is TOTAL-RAMPAGE

crazedhobbit
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by JJLann72485:
I'm not even to a spot where there is any water. I am on the battlefield, in a Confederate trench and am supposed to keep the Union from landing. I dont see any water anywhere.... Just look for the cannon and go to that. Hope that helps.

jonesoda
07-14-2009, 11:00 PM
i just want to say i have noticed whenim playing online and im just anywhere i just randomly stop, and i cant move temporarily,

I dont understand why it does this, i have also noticed some little icon go sorta in the middle of the screen when this happens, its really annoying becuase it cuases me to die alot.

Caniac
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I would like to see a little more spawn invulnerability in Wild West Legends mode. I have seen several times enemy players in spawns just shooting you from behind as you spawn.

Doc.Canis
07-23-2009, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by jonesoda:
i just want to say i have noticed whenim playing online and im just anywhere i just randomly stop, and i cant move temporarily,

I dont understand why it does this, i have also noticed some little icon go sorta in the middle of the screen when this happens, its really annoying becuase it cuases me to die alot.

You're on a laggy server... some fool hosting on ISDN.

ShadowReaper81
07-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Why cant we have stat trackers? Or maybe clan posses? Also fix where when the match ends, we dont get booted to the games main screen.

PGunzZ
07-25-2009, 05:09 PM
you cant invite a friend to your game

Jurat1981
08-02-2009, 03:29 PM
(PS3) This game has great online potential but desparately needs to be patched.

There's currently no support for clans, parties or the ability to keep a game going without everyone getting booted at the end of the round.

Unsatisfied2009
08-02-2009, 03:46 PM
It appears somebody was in a rush to get their product out before the competition. This is the worst online multi-player experience I have ever had. First off, why don't you all make sure your servers can handle the simple things they need to do like oh say, carry a game. Second, did you bother to consider that perhaps friends would like to play with each other and therefore there should be a way to do so. I am running a pretty good connection and never got kicked or even froze up when playing Killzone 2 which has at least twice the amount of players COJ has. Needless to say, I am really tired of dealing with the headaches because your team thought the single player game (which wasn't that good either and I can't understand why it has two characters in it, but is only a one-player game) was more important than the replayability value of the multi-player game. So consider this my tea-bagging, and I just pray that Rockstar Games is laughing at you all and will continue to do so when they release Red Dead Redemption.

QuebecSuperstar
08-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I have yet to play online. I never have been able to join a game as I always get the same "Couldn't connect to server" message.

I have a NAT 2 connection, my PS3 is in DMZ and I don't have any problem with any other game. What can it be?

Doc.Canis
08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
HEY, developers and UBI... Any new on a patch?

mule1956
08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Unsatisfied2009:
It appears somebody was in a rush to get their product out before the competition. This is the worst online multi-player experience I have ever had. First off, why don't you all make sure your servers can handle the simple things they need to do like oh say, carry a game. Second, did you bother to consider that perhaps friends would like to play with each other and therefore there should be a way to do so. I am running a pretty good connection and never got kicked or even froze up when playing Killzone 2 which has at least twice the amount of players COJ has. Needless to say, I am really tired of dealing with the headaches because your team thought the single player game (which wasn't that good either and I can't understand why it has two characters in it, but is only a one-player game) was more important than the replayability value of the multi-player game. So consider this my tea-bagging, and I just pray that Rockstar Games is laughing at you all and will continue to do so when they release Red Dead Redemption. how true and they have the cheek to put a new map pack up for 7'99 when the game is broken, ubi get your finger out and fix this game before asking for more money, this is happening too offen with games, i just might go to office of fair trading we have rights

Draztyk
08-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Taheen19:
not really a bug, BUT PLEASE GOD FIX SPAWNS! they are terrible in all game modes with the exception of WWL. On several maps the spawns are right out in the open in plain sight of everybody. In the shootout game mode on several maps (taos pueblo comes to mind) when the match begins you spawn in direct line of sight of another player, (spawn/aim/fire/wait for his spawn/aim fire/wait again/aim fire) come on guys you can do better than this. If moving/adding spawn locations is too difficult than possibly just extend the invincibility time to allow players to take cover before getting spawn raped. thanks!

i agree i have been spawned right in the middle of opposing teams spawn point 3-4 times in a row and it is a pain especially in wanted and manhunt real irritating in shootout also. and the stability thing is a huge issue i will have 4 or so games that will boot me out saying i got a red ping and then i will go into another room and have full green. also is there going to be any party invite ability in ranked games where you can actually play with friends cause it would b e nice seeing all my buddies online got it and we been wanting to play this together. love the game as i figured i would being run by ubi and i know things will be addressed thanks again for a great online game ubi.

mattyla
08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
These problems seem to come and go but they're all still an issue as far as i'm concerned.

For 2 days i've barely been able to play a game because they're all so laggy or they just chuck you out after you've waited 10 minutes for players to join.

Can someone please explain why my 'Ping' varies from game to game.. Or why I will join a ranked game where the quality is 3 bars (green) but when the game gets going it immediately sinks to 1 bar (red) and you move about 10 paces before the game freezes.

So un-beleivably frustrating!! It is clearly not an issue with the player connection, but the server that everybody is connected too.

This game could be so great online but you literally get the fear halfway through a good round that the game's gonna crash and you're gonna lose your $10k.

MADNESS!

Patch STILL needed URGENTLY for the connection issues and then we can deal with the more trivial matters such as why the hell do Wanted games have a max bounty of $250 and therefore last about 10 seconds? Pointless!

ZeBandito
08-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm really enjoying this game,
But, Anytime my friends are playing this, As soon as someone leaves the game ( either side, friend or public player ) The host looses their mic, Please please fix this

Doc.Canis
09-03-2009, 02:15 PM
It's Far Cry 2 all over again. No word on a patch to fix the things that are broken in the game.

Nollieflip
10-02-2009, 08:29 AM
I think the game is great despite some network issues but there is an issue (it's not a bug or flaw) that makes me crazy.
I suggest an option to disable headset feedback. I don't have headsets but when I'm playing some idiots start to scream or to whistle at the mic, what makes my game very annoying. When it happens in the beginning I usually leave the game but sometimes they do it in the middle game.

Doc.Canis
04-27-2010, 03:36 AM
I've given up on this game. Months has passed and it's even worse than Far Cry 2. It's like they just released it "Fire and forget" and then put up the forum to make us flame each other instead of complaining about their sincere lack of support.

Another thumbs down for ubisoft... I'll avoid your games in the future. It's just too much trouble and fortunately there are alternatives.

Heruva
06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
I've been playing online quite a bit now and I've been noticing strange things.

- I can host games and often with perfect connection. Sometimes though, the game shuts down entirely. If the problem is the router, I should have issues all the time, not just sometimes

- I also have encountered the issue where during online play, a blue flag pops up and gameplay freezes. I can shoot, but not move. I have noticed this issue popping up with other players as well.

- Another thing I have had happening is that I can use my rifle, stand ameter away from someone and shoot the bastard 6 times, doesn't die... Then someone else comes running up, shoots once and the dude's dead... what's that all about?
this is really frustrating?

- Sometimes, I encounter an enemy and hide behind a solid concrete wall... He shoots when I'm already completely hidden, still I die.
This must be due to lag or some kind of calculation error.
I see people missing shots by meters, happens to me as well and still get kills.

Anyways, I'm close to my 1 mill trophy and finishing the very hard story mode.
Very good game, had a lot of fun with it. I could live with the bugs, they're jsut a tad bit annoying sometimes.

About the respawn thing... I don't mind, it gives opportunities for everyone to get more money and increase the bounty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
If you play long enough you get to know the maps and you know where to go and where to look out for those things.

BOSS-Moby
06-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Hey friends, claim here is no sense, if all you want help this great game, go here and join. Many players are claiming there.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126116117414019

SpazyMcGee93
07-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I think this game is pretty good, but with a little work and ironing out of the small problems it could be brilliant. Problems I have encountered or things I think are down right silly are listed below:

1. The reduced colour saturation on multiplayer when you are too far away from your partner is a completely idiotic idea. This feature is not required at all and it ruins the immersion and graphical aspects of the multiplayer.

2. The lag obviously needs to be sorted out in the game which will deal with most of the problems people are complaining about.

3. Joining games can sometimes be difficult. I have had some problems, but I know other people have been unable to play multiplayer.

4. The spawning system is massively flawed. I spent around 2 whole minutes standing in an enemy spawn area with my partner killing every person who spawned. This is completely unfair.

5. Small issues like the crazy amount of recoil on the AK47 kinda get in the way of enjoyment overall, however it is nice to see a game where every single person does not use the AK47.

These are fixable problems, I just hope the developers will keep working on this game to make it more of a success. I for one will certainly play the game often if this small niggles are patched.