PDA

View Full Version : The Creed theory

sadly_mortal
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
I have played these games since they came out. I have read almost every database entry and have even drawn notes and stuff about the people and conspiracies. And i noticed that it oddly makes alot more sense than anything people can muster up today. Is this a mere concidence, or could their be some truth behind this "truth"?

FiskMunk
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
...Someone's not gotten enough sleep lately, emirite'?

TheEpicWolf
01-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just the real people that actually existed mixed with fiction that has confused you.....

I hope your confused... or tired....

Lazybeans
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I do understand where sadly_mortal is coming from. The game just messes with pretty much everything you've ever learned. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I was going to post something more negative, but I came across this article (http://www.physorg.com/news183278038.html) and I had to post it. XD I know that AC is fiction, of course, but the devs are geniuses when it comes to fitting truth into fiction.

blarson11
01-22-2010, 02:16 AM
@lazy: i saw a special on natgeo one time about this very subject.

@op: i think it is not so much that the devs are close to predicting what is to come, but more that they are using historical events to create a future that is believable and drives their story. that is why it seems so familiar. in a sense, it has already happened.

CEO_of_Abstergo
01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
[SPOILER ALERT - ASSUMES YOU'VE FINISHED GAME]
Closer to reality that you may actually think or believe. None of the ideas are new. Read "Chariots of the Gods" from the 70s, "The Illuminatus Trilogy" from the 70s. They both propose that a more advanced or alien race are the ones who all various religions in various isolated regions came to regard as gods or demigods. The real stories having been captured only in solid stone and soft myths for passing generations, truth becomes bastardized into what we are told/believe by those with motives. The brilliance of the AC storyline (and of the real prophet, Corey May, ha ha) is that it offers a possible 'truth' from which all the myths, religions, and fights about them have derived. It's deep, really. It's the stuff of gnostic transcendence. Do you know what you don't know?

godsmack_darius
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Just look up the "Annunaki, and ancient sumerians" It ties in perfectly