PDA

View Full Version : about replays

kingkirki49
08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
how can i save i as a windows media player file so i can send to friends to watch

i can re asign it to one but i need codecs...

kingkirki49
08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
how can i save i as a windows media player file so i can send to friends to watch

i can re asign it to one but i need codecs...

XpinkpanzerX
08-02-2007, 06:11 PM
hey this is dimebag from xfire...

fabianfred
08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
the track or Ntrk files which you save are not real videos...

the track .trk file you save at mission end is actually the mission file itself (you can even convert it into a mission file if you know how)... but instead of being a mission which hasn't yet been flown...it has co-ordinates etc. added on to show where each plane went etc.
so essentially when replaying the track you are just replaying the mission with the plans going where they went before....

to make a video from your trk or ntrk file you must use a video capture program.... such as FRAPS.... run the track...choosing angles/views etc. whilst the Fraps is capturing

after you must reduce this HUGE file you have captured into a workeable size and format

there are lots of tutorials on the Movie forum

kingkirki49
08-02-2007, 06:32 PM
omg the thing only allows 30 seconds of recorde and the replay is over 30 secs

dbillo
08-02-2007, 06:54 PM
You have to make a series of those 30 second clips, then assemble them in Windows Movie Maker, just like the pros do.

It's probably a good idea to edit your movie that way anyhow. Thirty seconds is actually the maximum you should have for each scene. Anything more than that gets to be boring.

Wilburnator
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
If you purchase fraps, recording length is not limited to 30 seconds. It's worth the money if you plan on making movies now and then, for a one time fee (I forget how much it is) you can download each new version as it becomes available, and it is updated and improved fairly regularly. Additionally your videos won't says "fraps" on them when recorded with the registered version.

WhtBoy
08-03-2007, 06:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabianfred:

the track .trk file you save at mission end is actually the mission file itself (you can even convert it into a mission file if you know how)... but instead of being a mission which hasn't yet been flown...it has co-ordinates etc. added on to show where each plane went etc.
so essentially when replaying the track you are just replaying the mission with the plans going where they went before.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this isn't quite accurate. Only the .ntrk files actually store position info. The .trk file stores the player's INPUTS. Playing back a .trk file is just like playing the game except the inputs come from the file, and not the controls. That's why .trk files will only rarely, if ever, play back the same between versions.

--Outlaw.

Hoatee
08-03-2007, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhtBoy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabianfred:

so essentially when replaying the track you are just replaying the mission with the plans going where they went before.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this isn't quite accurate. Only the .ntrk files actually store position info. The .trk file stores the player's INPUTS. Playing back a .trk file is just like playing the game except the inputs come from the file, and not the controls. That's why .trk files will only rarely, if ever, play back the same between versions.

--Outlaw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me the track player is a sequencer - what I see is a sequence of events (should be a familiar concept to muzoze).

If your gaphics card has a video out, it would be better to record to a vcr or dvd recorder or some such like.

fabianfred
08-03-2007, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhtBoy:

--Outlaw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks mate....i knew there was a difference between trk and ntrk....i couldn't be bothered to open up the files in notepad and see...you are quite correct

kingkirki49
08-03-2007, 09:59 PM
aww to buy a registered ver u need a credit card and i cant get one cus of low income and paypal.. my grandma (who pays for the internet) dont trust it plus she dont like giving cc on net

hamselv2
08-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Try 'Growler Gun Cam' from this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/3131022275

Get it here:

http://www.growlersoftware.com/homepage.html

kingkirki49
08-03-2007, 11:10 PM
i did and it was like blank all it show was black and even when i play that all u hear is chop like noise