PDA

View Full Version : Nov/Dec1941 Special Warship Targets?

Blitzkaiser
06-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm playing GreyWolves Supermod1.1 and I think in mid or later Nov 1941 I always saw frequent radio reports (map contact updates) that a warship sails from edge of Biscay and Spain going southwards then through Gibraltar, go east.
The situation is just like the hunt for Bismarck, in which frequent location updating is provided as if the Modder want the players to catch the task force hunting Bismarck.
Can anyone tells me what historical event does that warship represents? Also can anyone tell me the actual date if any?becoz I want to replay that patrol and have a try on that ship.
Thx for your kind help in advance.

Blitzkaiser
06-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm playing GreyWolves Supermod1.1 and I think in mid or later Nov 1941 I always saw frequent radio reports (map contact updates) that a warship sails from edge of Biscay and Spain going southwards then through Gibraltar, go east.
The situation is just like the hunt for Bismarck, in which frequent location updating is provided as if the Modder want the players to catch the task force hunting Bismarck.
Can anyone tells me what historical event does that warship represents? Also can anyone tell me the actual date if any?becoz I want to replay that patrol and have a try on that ship.
Thx for your kind help in advance.

VikingGrandad
06-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I assume you mean an enemy capital warship (battleship, aircraft carrier, etc)?

It depends on how faithful the reports are to actual WW2 history. The ship in question could be HMS Ark Royal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Ark_Royal_%2891%29). She was sunk in November 1941 by U-81, but apparently this was on a return journey from Malta to Gibraltar, not from Biscay.