PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Maps and news Aircrafts!

Komet163b
04-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Very good this game, but, this lacking maps and historical aircrafts. Philippines are also an example of that and Martin B26 Marauder!
He would like to see a larger variety of Japanese and American aircrafts!!!

A hugs to all.

EnGaurde
04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
indeed Komet.

try making PF a merged install with all the preceding IL2 titles, more than enough content to lose yourself in until the extra content arrives.

no sense complaining you dont have a dark eyed honey skinned islander beauty in your arms, when theres an ivory skinned fiery redhead standing right in front of you... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

cant be with the one you lurve?

F4UDash4
04-05-2005, 08:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EnGaurde:
try making PF a merged install with all the preceding IL2 titles, more than enough content to lose yourself in until the extra content arrives.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was asking for more Japanese and American aircraft and pacific maps, I fail to see what 9 different IL2s, 14 Yaks, 14 Bf-109s and 9 Fw-190s adds to the PACIFIC THEATER.

EnGaurde
04-05-2005, 08:51 AM
really dash.

you know something?

HE AINT GONNA GIT NONE OF THEM THERE JAPANESE PLANES NOW IS HE ! ! !

this is why i suggested he expand his horizons.

its clear my analogy was utterly wasted on you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

god i hate forums sometimes.

Hendley
04-05-2005, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F4UDash4:
He was asking for more Japanese and American aircraft and pacific maps, I fail to see what 9 different IL2s, 14 Yaks, 14 Bf-109s and 9 Fw-190s adds to the PACIFIC THEATER. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I KNEW skycat_2's recent, brilliant post listing all the models in the game would come in handy... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here's what you get, in terms of _flyable_ planes only, if you add FB/AEP...

BI-1 Soviet Rocket Plane, 1942
Hurricane Mk.II (Soviet Field Mod)
I-153 M-62, 1939
I-153 P, 1939
I-16 Type 18, 1939
I-16 Type 24, 1939
I-16 Type 24 (SPB), 1939
I-185 M-71, 1942
I-185 M-82A, 1942
IL-2, 1941 (1 Series)
IL-2, 1941 (2 Series)
IL-2, 1941 (3 Series)
IL-2, 1941 Field Mod
IL-2I, 1943
IL-2M, 1942 (First Series)
IL-2M, 1942 (Later Series)
IL-2T, 1943
IL-2 Type 3, 1943
LaGG-3, 1941 (4 Series)
LaGG-3, 1942 (29 Series)
LaGG-3 IT, 1943
LaGG-3, 1943 (66 Series)
La-5, 1942
La-5F, 1942
La-5FN, 1943
La-7, 1944
La-7 3xB-20, 1944
MiG-3, 1940
MiG-3ud, 1941
MiG-3 2xUB, 1941
MiG-3 2xShVAk, 1941
MiG-3 AM-38, 1941
MiG-3U, 1942
P.11c, 1939
P-39 Q-1 "Airacobra", 1944
P-39 Q-10 "Airacobra", 1944
P-40E M-105 (Soviet Field Mod)
Spitfire Mk.Vb, 1941
Spitfire Mk.Vb (CW), 1943
Spitfire L.F. Mk.Vb, 1942
Spitfire L.F. Mk.Vb (CW)
Spitfire Mk.IXc, 1943
Spitfire L.F. Mk.IXc (CW)
Spitfire Mk.IXe, 1943
Spitfire L.F. Mk.IXe (CW)
Spitfire H.F. Mk.IXe, 1943
TB-3 4M-17, 1933
TB-3 4M-34R, 1933
TB-3 4M-34R (SPB)
Yak-1, 1941
Yak-1B, 1942
Yak-3, 1944
Yak-3P, 1945
Yak-7A, 1941
Yak-7B, 1941
Yak-9, 1942
Yak-9B, 1944
Yak-9D, 1943
Yak-9M, 1944
Yak-9K, 1944
Yak-9T, 1943
Yak-9U, 1944
Yak-9UT, 1945
YP-80 (US "Shooting Star" jet fighter prototype)
B-239, 1939 (Finnish import version of F2A-1)
Bf-109 E-4, 1940
Bf-109 E-4/B, 1940
Bf-109 E-7/B, 1941
Bf-109 E-7/Z, 1941
Bf-109 F-2, 1941
Bf-109 F-4, 1941
Bf-109 G-2, 1942
Bf-109 G-6, 1943
Bf-109 G-6 Late, 1943
Bf-109 G-6/AS, 1944
Bf-109 G-10, 1944
Bf-109 G-14, 1944
Bf-109 K-4, 1944
Bf-109 Z, 1944
Bf-110 G-2
Fw-190 A-4, 1942
Fw-190 A-5, 1943
Fw-190 A-6, 1943
Fw-190 A-8, 1944
Fw-190 A-9, 1944
Fw-190 D-9, 1944
Fw-190 D-9, 1945
Ta-152 H-1, 1944
Fw-190 F-8, 1944
Fiat CR.42, 1938
Fiat G.50, 1938
Go-229 A-1, 1945 (German flying wing)
He-111 H-2, 1941
He-111 H-6, 1941
He 162A-2 (German jet intercept fighter)
Hurricane Mk.I
I.A.R. 80, 1940
I.A.R. 81a, 1940
I.A.R. 81c, 1940
J8A (Swedish import version of Gloster Gladiator)
Ju-87 B-2, 1941
Ju-87 D-3, 1942
Ju-87 G-1, 1943
Me-163 B-1a (German rocket intercept fighter)
Me-262 A-1a (German jet fighter-bomber)
Me-262 A-1a/U4, 1945 (German jet fighter-bomber)
Me-262 A-2a, 1944 (German jet fighter-bomber)

(source: skycat_2)

Admittedly, not all of 'em PTO, though one hastens to point out that Hurris, Spits, I-153s and I-16s, for example, all had a hand in at one point or another...

LEXX_Luthor
04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
EnGuarde:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>no sense complaining you dont have a dark eyed honey skinned islander beauty in your arms, when theres an ivory skinned fiery redhead standing right in front of you... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

USMC Aviator Diary, 27 March 1943, New Caledonia:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Went to Noumea this A.M....The chow is wonderful. Even a few white women though surprisingly I am not too interested. Allied Forces Club was nice though crowded.

~ http://www.scuttlebuttsmallchow.com/winnia.html
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya, we come here for Planes and Maps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

....Ivory?

EnGaurde
04-05-2005, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ivory? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe.

i had the pleasure of knowing a fine featured redheaded girl some time ago, when i lived in Edinburgh for a little while.

yes, she had ivory skin.... pure white, new caledonian sand white. Her short rounded cut fire red hair set off like lava on ice against the stark alabaster tone of her exquisitely shaped neck... I was besotted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

*sigh*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Anyway, my whole point was to invest time in what content you can access readily right now, instead of missing out for a relatively smaller content addition.

F4UDash4
04-05-2005, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EnGaurde:
really dash.

you know something?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes....

you're an idiot.

Bolt40
04-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Yes Dash you really needed alll those variants of one plane didnt you ? you also needed experimental types that had little or no impact on the war huh ? and even tho the engine sounds are a joke that could have been remedied , you did get vivid plane detail and mediocre FM..be happy, because when you buy a game from the Euro market like IL2 and deal with all the brown-nosing European a$$kissers ,youll do like me..you'll go hunting for another Pacific Air War sim..and theres several on the dar screen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

darkhorizon11
04-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah as much as I'm looking forward to BoB I almost wish Oleg had another year to work on PF.

Theres still so much to model. Especially mapswise, China Burma, SE Asia, Thailand and Malaysia, Vietnam, and especially the Phillipines which were involved both early war and late war.

Ships also theres literally a dozen more classes of ship that could make it in on both sides. Oh well, a man can dream.

F4UDash4
04-05-2005, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darkhorizon11:
Yeah as much as I'm looking forward to BoB I almost wish Oleg had another year to work on PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will NOT buy Olegs' BOB. There are some other Battle of Britain sims coming, if I want that theater I'll buy one of those others.

I think IL2FB and the AEP are the difinitive European theater sim, but Oleg has left those of us who are fans of the Pacific theater with a half finished product. For that reason I've bought my last Oleg product until the PTO is fixed.

The fanboys can chime in now with the usual drivel.

fherathras
04-05-2005, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

I will NOT buy Olegs' BOB. There are some other Battle of Britain sims coming, if I want that theater I'll buy one of those others.

I think IL2FB and the AEP are the difinitive European theater sim, but Oleg has left those of us who are fans of the Pacific theater with a half finished product. For that reason I've bought my last Oleg product until the PTO is fixed.

The fanboys can chime in now with the usual drivel. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you, miss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F4UDash4
04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fherathras:

Good for you, miss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Miss"?

You have something against women? There's nothing wrong with being a woman, if I were a woman. But I do find something wrong with being an idiot, which you are "sir".

Indianer.
04-05-2005, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F4UDash4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fherathras:

Good for you, miss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Miss"?

You have something against women? There's nothing wrong with being a woman, if I were a woman. But I do find something wrong with being an idiot, which you are "sir". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.

my 2 penneth...

i really couldnt give a toss about the PTO. Just bring on BoB and make sure a good job is done of it.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Komet, you might have heared that the problem with the variety of planes is due to juristical issues with some US manufacturers. No additional US aircraft as long as this issue is not solved.

And if you, Komet and F4UDash4, really think the game has this little content, can you give me a link to a flight-sim that has more variety in terms of simulated planes and maps?!?

I understand some people want their favourite theaters more detailed, but infact that is, what BoB is gonna bring - the concentration on a single theater.

So, in effect you say "gimme what I want, cause I don't want what you want" and that's really ... missy.

Bolt40
04-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Yes lets just forget the Russian version of the PTO..it was us Yanks who bore the brunt of it anyways..not to mention us dummys who had to rush out & buy an unfinished product..quote the Raven...'nevermore' keep BoB ..I've ordered BoB2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

EnGaurde
04-05-2005, 02:29 PM
unbelievable.

this thread started out as a simple expression of interest.

everyone was friends.

since Dash arrived, its become yet another nasty, bickering example of inherit immaturity found in so many places online, and clearly has a firm hold here. Moddys could clean things up, but the lack of will or indeed care, is evident.

Your original comment Dash, was pure malice and totally unnecessary. Who did it help? What was it worth?

youve contributed nothing to the original question, nothing positive at all. All youve done is seek to humiliate, condescend and put down.

Everyone was doing just fine until you arrived.

i know age related observations are so well used theyre lame in themselves, but i just cant stand online forums when theyre poisoned by the presence of malicious nasty little children, safe from reprisal and all consequences (hello moddys?) behind their computer screens.

Run Komet, leave fools like us faaar behind and save yourself the frustration. There are less infected boards to get your info http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Blackdog5555
04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I dont know whats going on either, Im just thinking of that alabaster skinned beauty wih hot red lava flowing down to the ivory cracks of paradise.

F4UDash4
04-05-2005, 07:33 PM

since Dash arrived, its become yet another nasty, bickering example ... blah blah blah total disconnect from reality blah <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you smoking enguarde? Komet stated his desire for more PTO aircraft, you penned a reply that completely ignored the very core of that request IE that he wanted aircraft that were widely used in the PTO, IE (again) NOT Bf-109s, Fw-190€s etc.

I simply pointed this out to you to which you replied with yet more nonsensical drivel and gleeful taunts of €œHE AINT GONNA GIT NONE OF THEM THERE JAPANESE PLANES NOW IS HE€.

Hence my conclusion that you are an idiot; with your last vitriolic post, totally devoid of factual substance, directed at me only further proving my assessment of your idiocy.

F4UDash4
04-05-2005, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
Komet, you might have heared that the problem with the variety of planes is due to juristical issues with some US manufacturers. No additional US aircraft as long as this issue is not solved. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brought about by UBI's illegal use of manufacturers names on the box.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
And if you, Komet and F4UDash4, really think the game has this little content, can you give me a link to a flight-sim that has more variety in terms of simulated planes and maps?!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL2FB / AEP has the greatest coverage of aircraft types of any European Theater sim. €œPacific Fighters€ however is an abandoned stepchild in comparison.

I understand some people want their favourite theaters more detailed, but infact that is, what BoB is gonna bring - the concentration on a single theater. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Battle of Britain and the ETO in general have been done over and over again, and there are other BOB sims in the making other than Olegs. The PTO by comparison has been ignored. That is why I had such high hopes for PF, now it is to be abandoned only half completed.

So, in effect you say "gimme what I want, cause I don't want what you want" and that's really ... missy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy for you to say since you obviously have what you want, the ETO in detail while PTO fans like me are left with table scraps.

Cpt_Jack
04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I think Dash4's first response was perfectly reasonable. Komet was asking about PTO planes. It seems that the Eurofans are pretty hypocritical, getting nasty and sarcastic, then criticizing anyone else with a differing opinion. I am myself a PTO fan, and I'm greatly disappointed in the way the developers left this sim half-a$$ed, for whatever reason - just so they could do something redundant like the Battle of Britain, the content of which we really already have. There is a lot of work that can still go into Pacific Fighters before it can be considered a finished product - even when compared to CFS 2 in some ways.

F4U_Flyer
04-05-2005, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cpt_Jack:
I think Dash4's first response was perfectly reasonable. Komet was asking about PTO planes. It seems that the Eurofans are pretty hypocritical, getting nasty and sarcastic, then criticizing anyone else with a differing opinion. I am myself a PTO fan, and I'm greatly disappointed in the way the developers left this sim half-a$$ed, for whatever reason - just so they could do something redundant like the Battle of Britain, the content of which we really already have. There is a lot of work that can still go into Pacific Fighters before it can be considered a finished product - even when compared to CFS 2 in some ways. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya what he said!

And how about the slot? What is a pacific sim with just the soutern tip of guadacanal!

F4UDash4
04-06-2005, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F4U_Flyer:

And how about the slot? What is a pacific sim with just the soutern tip of guadacanal! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Rabaul. Or Bougainville. Or Wewak. Or..... well those that care know the long list of missing maps.

jarink
04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
"In March of 2003 a sequel was released, titled IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles..." - official PF web page

It's now April of 2005 and 1C is still releasing content and patches for a game released over 2 years ago. This is not 3rd party 'community' content, it is from the manufacturer. How many other developers support their old products that long? I think 1C will do everything they can to continue that legacy. Will people be complaining in 2007 if Oleg is still adding new aircraft, maps, features and bug fixes? I know I wouldn't.

Before anyone waves the 'fanboy' flag at me, let me say I think PF could have been done better. The choice of maps was questionable, but I have every expectation that (especially given the customer response) this will be eventually corrected. The problems with some US aircraft manufacturers' lawyers is regrettable for everyone, but I think it was an honest mistake. It's obvious many of the choices about what to include/not include indicated a European point of view, but you know what?

1C is a European company!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

How many of you Pacific theater fans think they could've made a Russian front game that wouldn't have p%&**d off Europeans (especially Russians) because it was 'incomplete' and didn't focus on what they thought was important?

How many of you that complain have done anything POSITIVE to help 1C 'finish' the PTO? (Most of the add-on aircraft and maps are done by 3rd parties and only tweaked and approved by 1C, you know.) Even something as simple as PTO skins and missions? No? Beuller? Anyone?

Frankly, I don't blame 1C for going back to Europe, since it's what they know and care about. I think BoB will be an outstanding gmae that does a great job simulating early-war NW Europe.

darkhorizon11
04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Stop fighting guys.

Your not even having a good criticism/differing opinions type argument your name-calling...

JR_Greenhorn
04-07-2005, 12:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cpt_Jack:
I'm greatly disappointed in the way the developers left this sim half-a$$ed, for whatever reason - just so they could do something redundant like the Battle of Britain, the content of which we really already have. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This sim wasn't left "half-a$$ed...just so they could do something redundant like the Battle of Britain"--BoB was started before PF.

PF obviously didn't go over as planned, and while the developers probably aren't happy with it either, they continue to work on it.

That's why so many folks around here give the developers a break from the critisizm--they know what's been happening instead of assuming how it is.

As for BoB content we already have, there isn't much. No maps, most of the planes are later variants--basically the same problems the PTO suffers from, except the planes PF does have are at least relevant variants.

This post aims to explain, and is not meant to be malicious in any way.

DuxCorvan
04-07-2005, 07:27 AM
No additional US aircraft as long as this issue is not solved. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The issue is solved yet: no additional US aircraft ever. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

This is not a pending question, someone signed something that leave us the way we are. My advice is: learn to live with it.

Enjoy what you have, and what's in the next patch. We won't have more, so complaining and weeping and begging and ranting and whining is simply aimless.

Forget it. Play the game and have as much fun as you can. That's what I do.