PDA

View Full Version : Compass in Hurricanes, Spits, Gladiators etc

tom4sim2005
06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi. Why can´t i read the compass (in front of the stick)? I´w be happy if i could. Is there a way fix this? /Happy hunting

tom4sim2005
06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi. Why can´t i read the compass (in front of the stick)? I´w be happy if i could. Is there a way fix this? /Happy hunting

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
While I truly dont know if it can be fixed my guess is no. I hate not being able to read the gauges too. Some come in handy like pressure, temp, fuel. Though I must admit some planes have better visibility than others as far as gauges go.

horseback
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Maximum nose down trim is the only way to be able to see your compass while in level flight, but I warn you, there are some drawbacks to this course of action...

Several of the Soviet birds have even more thoroughly obscured or hidden compasses or important flight instruments too. It's just that Oleg and his team have a very specific idea of how a cockpit should be modeled and where the pilot's point of view is located within the cockpit.

In these cases, the Speedbar is your best friend.

cheers

horseback

WTE_Galway
06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
just do a quick left roll right roll and you can get a glance at it

the orange T shape on the face should tell you the heading pretty accurately without actually needing to read the numbers

jolulure
06-16-2006, 03:21 AM
use rudder fully left, and you are done. or have a bit of imagination. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cpirrmann
06-18-2006, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the orange T shape on the face should tell you the heading pretty accurately without actually needing to read the numbers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but what does it tell us? Are the arms of the Tee N,E,W ? I assume so but .....

JG52Uther
06-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Spitfire compass.The bottom of the 'T' points North:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/p1120lag.jpg