PDA

View Full Version : The Downtine "Bonus"

Skyezero
03-27-2010, 11:43 PM
I have one question.

I got the e-mail along with problaby every other AC2 PC user about now getting to download 3 extra memories for use in game.

What if, like me you preordered the Black Edition and you [paid extra] and got those missions and have already done them.

What's my sorry then Ubisoft?

Interestingly: According to Kotaku other people have been offered a free game from a choice of 4. Differernt Standards for Different People?

Gekkibi
03-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Indeed. They paid approximately 70 USD more to get all the three "exclusive" quests. Those who bought the game from Steam received a chance to get a new game when those who bought it from the store received none at all.

I'll just leave this here: "My thoughts about the compensation" youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLsAMsjg98)

Dizlol
03-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Skyezero:
I have one question.

I got the e-mail along with problaby every other AC2 PC user about now getting to download 3 extra memories for use in game.

What if, like me you preordered the Black Edition and you [paid extra] and got those missions and have already done them.

Interestingly: According to Kotaku other people have been offered a free game from a choice of 4. Differernt Standards for Different People?

Try reading other threads first.
Ubisoft is on it, and u will get another email offering the same as the SH5 guys got.
Try contacting with tech support also, just incase.

Skyezero
03-28-2010, 09:21 AM
My apologies for the non-awareness.

More so though, my frustration is two-fold.

#1, I legitimately paid a buttload more [The Black Edition on PC in AUS was $140] for something that was supposed to be exclusive. Instead, I could have bought the normal edition and saved myself $50

#2, The game ties my account to Ubisoft, telling it what game I have and what codes I have enacted. They would know I have already put my download code in, so it is just incredibly sloppy tech support.

ALSO. Stop PM'ing me asking for my code. I already deleted the E-Mail.

monkeyuncle8
03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
well just think of it like this, yes the people who didn't get the black edition get the same thing that you paid for, but you got it sooner

that is like asking someone why go to the movies when it is on tv in a year

Skyezero
03-29-2010, 02:57 AM
I paid for that sooner. There is a huge difference when you advertise an exclusive bonus and then turn around and give it to everyone else.

IMO, everyone should have been offered a free game, keep the bonus' out of the scheme.

Also, you can't compare a movie to a TV. TV's cost money to buy, electricity to run, aeriels etc. A TV also has ads and blah blah blah. That metaphor is not one and the same. Not to mention tha everyone has the same choice with a movie. Go see it or don't. It's not like a movie is offering "extra bonuses"

bokeef04
03-29-2010, 03:52 AM
you can compare movie's to tv, yes a tv costs money, needs an aerials, electricity to run, but i hate to break it to you, but to see a movie at the cinema the cinema requires a projector, a screen, multiple seats, alot more electricity than a tv and does have ads before the movie, i believe monkeyuncle8's point was why pay $15-$18(that's what a movie costs where i am, $15 for an adult ticket, $3 extra for 3d movies like avatar) when you can see it for free at your house? you can even record it at home, remove the ads and watch whenever you like for free also why go see a movie when you can buy the dvd which does have extra's?

that is like saying you can't compare Consoles to PC because you can't upgrade console hardware

i have no problem with them offering the tombs at a later date, because i paid money to get them first, along with other items, also they can't exactly turn around and refuse to give them to the PC players after they have already made them available to console gamers

Riiku2
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
I didnt receive any email, so can you guys please update me on this DLC matter?:

1) I bought the standard PC DVD version. Does the DLC chapters got downloaded with autopatching?

2) If they doesnt, where can I download them?

Thanks

a_non_moose
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Curious about this, too.

Riiku2
03-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Bump, please answer the question 2 posts above. Pretty please. Appreciate it.

bokeef04
03-31-2010, 03:38 AM
i don't have the PC version, but from what i understand, the 2 DLC(battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities) were included with the PC version, they are chapters 12 and 13 respectively, i think the only thing the standard PC version didn't have was the 3 templar lairs

Black_Widow9
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Skyezero:
I have one question.

A new email should be sent later this week for anyone who has the Black Edition and we apologize for the technical mistake. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

simon9216
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Unlucky i haven't received the email yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
If someone doesn't need the code for the extra content please can he give it to me via pm? ^^'
thanks to all

Murcuseo
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by simon9216:
Unlucky i haven't received the email yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
If someone doesn't need the code for the extra content please can he give it to me via pm? ^^'
thanks to all

if you weren't affected by the down time you won't recieve it... when did you register your game?

simon9216
04-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simon9216:
thanks to all

if you weren't affected by the down time you won't recieve it... when did you register your game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've registered it between 17-18 of march.. Probably i will not receive an email, but i'm asking for someone that have a code useless for him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Riiku2
04-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by simon9216:
I've registered it between 17-18 of march.. Probably i will not receive an email, but i'm asking for someone that have a code useless for him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Good luck with that.