PDA

View Full Version : Hand-to-Hand Combat Improvement

iN3krO
06-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Well, until now, stealing enemies weapons was only an option in defensive methods, my idea is to change this, keep the defensive method to steal weapons enemy-based (it should also count player's health) and make a new method to still enemies weapon (my idea is to make it by the same way we do defense break in ac1 but with hands, HighProfile + Feet and then Attack).

This system would also take in consideration if the enemie is paying or not attention, it's easier to steal a weapon of a soldier looking to the ground then try to steal a weapon of a guard striking you.

What do you think guys?

thekyle0
06-29-2011, 07:08 AM
It's interesting to think about how an offensive disarm would work. If this had been posted following the release of Brotherhood I think we may even have seen it implemented since the development team is trying to offer the player more offensive actions. One flaw though is that right now the kick is mapped to the leg button. There is no step like there was in AC1 and AC2. A correction I would offer would be to map the disarm to the free hand button, and when you try to grab a guard who is distracted, or with little remaining health points, you will preform the disarm rather than a grab. Only when fists are selected, obviously.

(it should also count player's health) I'm not sure what you mean by this.

iN3krO
06-29-2011, 07:45 AM
I mean that if i'm painless i would be stronger which would result in a better chance of disarming my enemy (like if my enemy is painfull it's easier for me to disarm him).

So Ezio with only 1 square would never be able to disarm any enemy but Ezio with full heatlh would have a chance to disarm even the most powerfull enemy (maybe for the more powerfull it would be like 1 or 5 % chance if they have also health full but that's up to ubisoft to think about that).

One thing i don't like about the AI from AcB is that it isn't real AI... Hope they can do a good mixture of Ac1 and AcB AI with some improvements http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, i'm gald for you talking about the grab, when you grab an enemy, the others continue to attack you which is... hmmm.... stupid? They should be carefully to not hurt his matte so they should only strike you from your back, it would open the posibility to get out of a combat more sucessfully (obviously it would take some, not skill but attention to never let the guards surround you from your back while you are grabbing anyone).

Jakob4242
06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
One flaw though is that right now the kick is mapped to the leg button. There is no step like there was in AC1 and AC2.

You can step in ACB just like AC2. Instead of using the X (ps3) or A (xbox) button, just firmly tap your left joystick in the direction you want Ezio to step to.

Conniving_Eagle
06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Is it okay if I add it to my list?

thekyle0
06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
I mean that if i'm painless i would be stronger which would result in a better chance of disarming my enemy (like if my enemy is painfull it's easier for me to disarm him). Just out of curiousity, is English a second language for you? Some of the words you are using seem awkward in the context you are applying them. I assume you're trying to say that Ezio wouldn't be able to counter and disarm when he is hurt or injured. However, how Ezio's physical condition could be represented in the health bar does not make sense to me. The health system is based off of synchronization. When Desmond does something in the animus that doesn't conform to what his ancestors would have done it causes a loss of synchronization. It isn't related to injuries sustained by Ezio directly. When Ezio is hit in the game it's because Desmond isn't controlling him to do what is recorded in the genetic memory. Otherwise, Desmond would have been desynchronized when Ezio was shot in the shoulder, or stabbed in the stomach... twice. But no, because those actually happened (in this fictional universe, of course). So, making Ezio limp around or fight ineffectually would not make sense because the health system of the game has no direct connection to Ezio's physical condition in reality.

You can step in ACB just like AC2. Instead of using the X (ps3) or A (xbox) button, just firmly tap your left joystick in the direction you want Ezio to step to. That's cool, I hadn't realized that. Maybe they should have put it in one of those hint boxes that wanted to make damn sure I knew how to hide bodies right up to the loading screen after killing Cesare.

Jakob4242
06-29-2011, 11:51 AM
That's cool, I hadn't realized that. Maybe they should have put it in one of those hint boxes that wanted to make damn sure I knew how to hide bodies right up to the loading screen after killing Cesare.

Yeah, it wasn't something that was addressed as being a usable feature. I only found out about it by mistake.

crash3
06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
an offensive disarm sounds pretty cool, it could be part of a streak of combat moves, the cinematic trailer for ACR seems to think its possible, lets see if it can be animated and implemented into the combat system

DavisP92
06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
That would be interesting, but I like the idea of using the other person's weapon against them liken in the trailer. I would like to see hand to hand combat that doesn't kill ppl.

iN3krO
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
an offensive disarm sounds pretty cool, it could be part of a streak of combat moves, the cinematic trailer for ACR seems to think its possible, lets see if it can be animated and implemented into the combat system

Yeah it would be really nice we could use a weapon while it's still in our enemies hands...

Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I mean that if i'm painless i would be stronger which would result in a better chance of disarming my enemy (like if my enemy is painfull it's easier for me to disarm him). Just out of curiousity, is English a second language for you? Some of the words you are using seem awkward in the context you are applying them. I assume you're trying to say that Ezio wouldn't be able to counter and disarm when he is hurt or injured. However, how Ezio's physical condition could be represented in the health bar does not make sense to me. The health system is based off of synchronization. When Desmond does something in the animus that doesn't conform to what his ancestors would have done it causes a loss of synchronization. It isn't related to injuries sustained by Ezio directly. When Ezio is hit in the game it's because Desmond isn't controlling him to do what is recorded in the genetic memory. Otherwise, Desmond would have been desynchronized when Ezio was shot in the shoulder, or stabbed in the stomach... twice. But no, because those actually happened (in this fictional universe, of course). So, making Ezio limp around or fight ineffectually would not make sense because the health system of the game has no direct connection to Ezio's physical condition in reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm Portuguese and i'm living in Spain for 4 years. I know i may have many faults but i'm always trying to learn more, even though you think i don't know that much english, i'm always the best in english in my classes and i don't learn more in school cuz the teacher has to teach the others that doesn't know as much as me... Resume: English is my 3rd language.
Isn't it like a dream? Desmond dreams like if Ezio is hurt so Ezio perfomance will be as low as if he was really hurt in that memory no?

Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
Is it okay if I add it to my list?

Yes it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thekyle0
07-04-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm Portuguese and i'm living in Spain for 4 years. I know i may have many faults but i'm always trying to learn more, even though you think i don't know that much english, i'm always the best in english in my classes and i don't learn more in school cuz the teacher has to teach the others that doesn't know as much as me... Resume: English is my 3rd language.
Isn't it like a dream? Desmond dreams like if Ezio is hurt so Ezio perfomance will be as low as if he was really hurt in that memory no? For somebody who doesn't live in an English speaking country, I think you actually speak it quite well. Nunca he estudiado Portugesa, pero este es mi quinto año de estudiar en Español y yo sé como dificil puede ser a hacer los translaciónes. In fact, I don't doubt you probably struggled to read whatever broken dialect I just delivered.

Anyhow, I take it you're trying to say that if Desmond screws up and gets his animus simulation of Ezio struck by a club, he will perceive that Ezio was injured and in his mind the memory would play as if Ezio actually remembered getting hit by the club, thus inhibiting his movement. That I can understand. I'm still not convinced that it's wise to implement it into the game. It seems like the developers would have just gone to the trouble of writing the program for a feature that most people will never notice or be maddeningly frustrated by.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I can understand very well english (written and a little spoken) but when i'm writting i may have many spelling errors and bad grammar.

Well, for the steel weapons and counter attack it takes into consideration enemies health why can't it take in consideration ezio's health too?

It would incentivate ppl to don't lose health.

Also i think health should be added like in Ac1 and Armor should only add resistance... If u have no armor a brutus would deal you 5 squares of damage but if u have Altair's Armor (exemple) it would deal only 2 squares.
But you get more and more health doing side-quests (in ac1 it was by saving citzens, scaling atalayas and completing assassinations).

And for last, i think medicine should make you heal faster. for exemple: Without medicine you heal 1 square per minute but with medicine it could be 1 square per 10 seconds for 1 minute.