PDA

View Full Version : Freelook vs. Cam2Pan?

Pr_Halios
11-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Just wondering which one you think is better, as an alternative to TrackIR.

Thanks for the input guys.

Pr_Halios
11-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Just wondering which one you think is better, as an alternative to TrackIR.

Thanks for the input guys.

triggerhappyfin
11-18-2004, 04:16 AM
Cam2pan is the better option.
Works like a charm for me.

STENKA_69.GIAP
11-18-2004, 04:37 AM
I use Cam2pan but have tried Freelook for about a week.

Freelook was easier to set up and use. The contol of a dead area centre screen was a lot easier to configure - but I prefer not to use features such as this now that I have trained my head.

Part of the ease of setup was due to there not being many controls to adjust - but that has a disadvantage when you are realy fine tuning - which is later.

I think the key adjustment missing was independant control of sensitivity in the X and Y axes. The ammount your head can move up and down is different from side to side - and the view of the cockpit is different in X and Y. To get the viewing perfect you need to scale comfortable head movements to the extremes of the viewable cockpit.

Cam2pan is far more complete and you can tune it to handle more or less anything you want to do.

So I would suggest that if you haven't tried anything so far try Freelook for about a week - you should get rapid results.

If you are then reaching the limits download the months free trial of Cam2pan and try it.

nikelamp
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Try the new option - Cachya. 6DOF. Never has centering problem. Very much smooth.
You may search demo from google video.