PDA

View Full Version : Help a newb out?

king92040
04-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Just recently started playing ACB Multiplayer, and I got to say - It's annoying as hell. Obviously I don't have a clue what I'm doing other than the occasional kill when I see someone get assasinated in front of me which is when i take the killer out. How are some of you guys SO damn good at this game? I play this on PC and need tips/advice ect. It bugs the heck out of me that a few people in each game ALWAYS know where you are, or as soon as you get close they instantly pick you out of your clones and shank you in the face. HOW DO I GET GOOD????? And why is the lock on to kill thingy so friggin hard to use? A game i JUST played i was chasin this one person, then BAM. She turns around and stabs me in the nads. THE NADS. WTH????

xCr0wnedNorris
04-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Practice, practice, practice. Also, try playing around with a few playstyles and see what suits you the best. When you find that style, try looking for YouTube videos explaining how to effectively use that style.

persiateddy95
04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Indeed, practise. Eventually you'll end up figuring out stuff and make tactics of your own.

ANTRON77
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Keep playing man. It will all come to you. Learn how the NPC's move and react. Watch for unusual behavior to help distinguish your target. Use your compass the best you can. Learn how to counter other peoples playstyles. Be stealthy, dont start chases, learn when to go high profile, stay discreet,silent, and incognito. Blend with crowds, dont always go after your target, wait for your persuer/s and your target will come to you, learn the maps, when to go on the roofs, how to get variety/greater/extreme, when to go offensive,defensive, the abilities and their strengths and weaknesses. Good luck

MrJLBoyyy
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Assassinate sucks. Play wanted. Then get good enough to try other things...

Good luck on being AWESUM

m4tt3198
04-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I also recommend playing Wanted first to figure things out. Assassinate mode is a little more advanced IMHO, so I would get used to finding your target, stunning, etc. before playing it.

Also, watch the vid's posted on the MP video thread at the top of the page. You can pick up lots of tricks from watching others play. Squidish shows how to pick out your target in a blend group using LOS in one of his vid's. (very useful) Rainie is a master stunner, and ABXantos routinely demonstrates how to rack up points like there's no tomorrow. (Watch his Wanted and Assassinate matches)

Just one more note, this question is very broad. If you come up with more specific questions I'm sure this forum will answer them likety-split as it's full of very helpful people.

thornebrook
04-26-2011, 06:10 PM
You probably already know these, but just in case, here are a few tips that have been helping me out:

~ Try to listen to "whispers." When your pursuer is close, you'll hear whispering from the in-game sounds, and it gets louder as your pursuer gets nearer. Some people have reported being unable to hear this, though, so just pay attention in your next sessions and see if it's there.

~ Someone in-game helped explain this one for me (thanks Gyukyen!): the compass glow reacts to your character's line of sight, not yours. The glow activates when your character can see your target. So say your target's in a morphed moving group and within your character's line of sight, if that group rounds a corner of a building, pay attention to when your compass stops glowing. The character that just rounded the corner is your target. There are other ways to take advantage of this, so study your compass.

~ I sympathize with the lock-on awkardness. What I did was re-assign the "F" key for locking on to a target via Options, as that felt more natural to me than the middle mouse button. Single Player uses F to focus, so...

~ Be patient. If you have more than one pursuer, slow down on the hunting and try playing defensive for a while to shake them off or reduce the number.

~ Try out Manhunt for a break from Wanted if you get too frustrated there.

Hope this helps. More importantly, have fun!

Dave0718
04-26-2011, 07:32 PM
another way to learn is to join a clan they could teach you what you need to know

Outcast Templars Recruitment Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/5631029719)

we have good pc players that could teach you what you need to know

AntiChrist7
04-27-2011, 12:54 AM
well pc controls are always akward, that's why i use a gamepad. Look fr some MP walkthrouhs on youtube, from PSNextgeneration, they are really good. he even got a mention from ubisoft on facebook.

Personally i don't use whispers, cause i still don't know what people mean by them, i never paid attention to them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

terzho
04-27-2011, 05:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShenmue36

Watch this guys earlier videos. They really helped me out when I started playing and they will turn you into a pro. His later videos start to get less educational but his first few ones are good. Hope they help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

persiateddy95
04-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Or go like Astlan...