PDA

View Full Version : AA sounds at 3000m

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I would like to point out the obvious error in the AA in patch version 1.11 (final patch), i was flying my IL2 this morning at 3000m and as i passed over an enemy AA site, i heard several massive explosions followed shortly by several AA bursts around me, this continued to happen as i flew overhead and i came to the conclusion that the loud 'bangs' were the guns being fired and clearly not the AA bursts themselves, but i could hear them over the roar of my own engine as if i was sat there firing the damn things. Needless to say this caused quite a shock to me as i had the volume up pretty loud, and then all of a sound my PC starts Sonic boooommmmiiiinnnnnggggggg at me.

So why is it that i hear the AA as they are fired, surely not possible, well maybe in a glider.

Is it supposed to be this way? you try it yourself i know it happens on the Leningrad map.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I would like to point out the obvious error in the AA in patch version 1.11 (final patch), i was flying my IL2 this morning at 3000m and as i passed over an enemy AA site, i heard several massive explosions followed shortly by several AA bursts around me, this continued to happen as i flew overhead and i came to the conclusion that the loud 'bangs' were the guns being fired and clearly not the AA bursts themselves, but i could hear them over the roar of my own engine as if i was sat there firing the damn things. Needless to say this caused quite a shock to me as i had the volume up pretty loud, and then all of a sound my PC starts Sonic boooommmmiiiinnnnnggggggg at me.

So why is it that i hear the AA as they are fired, surely not possible, well maybe in a glider.

Is it supposed to be this way? you try it yourself i know it happens on the Leningrad map.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:33 PM
no one else noticed this then?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Yup. It's still not completely fixed.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Yep, noticed this too.
Was flying over frontline @2000-3000 meters and the tanks down below sounded like firing from 10 meters away.

And compared to your engine-sound its really really loud.

I jumped, just like you, cause this nearly blasted my ears.

The additional SA is nice, but highly unrealistic [/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ]

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Yes, still an issue that needs to be addressed,

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Turn Hardware acceleration ON if you have decent PC and soundcard.

That never happen in that situation.

I think Oleg tested sound only in that setting.
(But really did it well. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif )

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey and I cannot win the LOTTO...how about a patch for that!!!!

I ignore it completely just be thankfull there aren't any Wirblewinds lurking in the clouds ready to unleash a hail of incendiary and AP at your little birdie!!!! That could be a possibility in the next patch!!!

Happy hunting and check six!

Tony Ascaso, RN