PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Evo FFB Stick



Sillius_Sodus
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Is it any good with IL2?

Good hunting,
Sillius_Sodus

Urufu_Shinjiro
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I have one, I like it.

Schwarz.13
11-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I have one too - in my cupboard!

I bought it for the FFB which i thought was great but the actual stick was very uncomfortable, it wouldn't be properly centred when PC/game loaded up and there was another niggle which i forget.

I now use my Microsoft Sidewinder Preciscion 2 (which i had in my cupboard hehe) and the difference is profound.

When my MS goes i'll probably invest in a CH Combat stick or something - i wouldn't buy another Saitek stick. But as someone pointed out they ARE (Saitek Evos) ambidextrous should you be a left-hander...

mmitch10
11-06-2007, 01:38 AM
I like mine. The only problem I have with it is that the twisty stick rudder sometimes sends signals as though it is locked full right. A few twists to the left and right clears it, but it can be annoying in combat or formation flying. For the first couple of days I didn't realise I had the problem and tried to compensate with trim.

Schwarz.13
11-06-2007, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by mmitch10:
I like mine. The only problem I have with it is that the twisty stick rudder sometimes sends signals as though it is locked full right. A few twists to the left and right clears it, but it can be annoying in combat or formation flying. For the first couple of days I didn't realise I had the problem and tried to compensate with trim.

That was it! That was the other 'niggle' - i had the exact same problem and it was very annoying. Sometimes the 'few twists to the left' weren't enough and i would have to leave IL2 and do it in the Saitek hardware manager thingy.

NOT what you want when you've spent 50 hard-earned http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

mmitch10
11-06-2007, 05:34 AM
I agree, the full rudder thing is annoying, and you've inspired me to do a bit of searching. I found this http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=12890 on the saitek forums, which seems to describe the problem, I'll give it a go tonight and loet you know how I get on.

mmitch10
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Didn't work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif I deleted the registry entries it suggested, went straight into a QMB mission and started with full rudder right. Had to do the left-right twist to clear it. I guess the only sensible thing to do is disable the twist and fork out 100 for a set of rudder pedals!

polak5
11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Twist ur rudder left and right and move the stick in all directions prior to take-off, and ur ready to fly that mission. On the next mission you should not have to do that again. Ive always had this problem even with my old logitech. But its no big deal to me just do it once, takes 2 secs to fix and im gone.

mmitch10
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
That's pretty much what I do, Polak5, but as Schwarz.13 says, it's annoying to fork out for a stick and not have it work properly...anyway, how else do I persuade my wife that I need to spend 100 on rudder pedals http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

polak5
11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by mmitch10:
anyway, how else do I persuade my wife that I need to spend 100 on rudder pedals http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sorry dont know how to fix that bug http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Schwarz.13
11-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by mmitch10:
That's pretty much what I do, Polak5, but as Schwarz.13 says, it's annoying to fork out for a stick and not have it work properly...anyway, how else do I persuade my wife that I need to spend 100 on rudder pedals http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Just discovered Scan.co.uk are selling them (Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals) for 70! You can buy your wife a nice sweetener with the other 30 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

triad773
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I like my Saitek Evo Force, but I also have some CH Pro Rudder pedals, so the twist isn't mapped anymore. Its not a problem for me. But then when I had a Logitech twisty it seemed to be an issue too.

My suggestion: get some rudder pedals and negate the issue that way if you can afford that. The MS FFB has always sounded great but never got around to buying that item having put all I could afford into what I have.

Good luck

Triad

mmitch10
11-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Schwarz, I think I'll buy myself an early Christmas present http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif