PDA

View Full Version : New to Fourm and I have a question.

SamFisher946
03-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok well I don't have an Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3 but I have a good gaming PC. So as of now I am going to get Assassin's Creed on my PC but I don't always like using my PC for action adventure games like Splinter cell or other games that are mostly made for consoles and not the PC. My question is do you think that the Assassin's Creed for PC would be compatible with an Xbox 360 controller I bought for my PC. (The controller as a USB connection and it is compatible with my PC.)

andy276
03-19-2007, 02:11 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't be... and I think AC will be much better to play with a joypad instead of keyboard/mouse

XxKillabytexX
03-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Wait on wait on hold the phone here!

You can get an Xbox 360 controler for your PC!?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Phreaky_McGeek
03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
They use USB connections so unless you have an extremely dated rig, yes.

XxKillabytexX
03-20-2007, 01:43 AM
sweet

So they just work on PC games?

Howler13
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
sweet

So they just work on PC games?

In theory.

I tried hooking mine up to my computer, and I needed to download some software off the internet (if I remembered where I got it, I't tell you, just do a google for it). It worked, my computer recognize the controller, but when I tried to configure Morrowind's controls, it didn't do anything. I guess not all games are compatable with it. I'll have to try it with some other games I have, though none of them really lend themselves to a cotnroller...

quicksilver_502
03-20-2007, 09:41 AM
probably morrowinds too old. even though morrowind was on the xbox? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

andy276
03-20-2007, 10:58 AM
some games on the PC support only mouse and keyboard so there's probably nothing wrong with the xbox controller

SamFisher946
03-20-2007, 03:40 PM
It works fine for Godfather on PC because all I had to do was say use controller and it work it even listed it as an xbox 360 controller in the options. It most likely will work most games it just that some older games make it really hard to set the axis and some don't let you at all.

Phreaky_McGeek
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Out of my collection of games only Rayman II doesn't support it. I didn't actually need the driver, though after downloading it it has made no difference. Would have been nice to be able to use the Guide button.

Razersblade_
03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
USB has got to be the greatest invention for PC's ever!

But why don't you have an xbox360?
I don't know about you but they giving them away free here if you get a cellphone contract.

I didn't know AC was going to be released for PC - I thought it was just xbox360 and PS3.

When I first heard about AC it was supposed to be a PS3 only game - then they made it for the 360 and I was very happy.

Annux912
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
Wait on wait on hold the phone here!

You can get an Xbox 360 controler for your PC!?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Separate devices are also sold that you plug into your computer and it connects to a wireless 360 controller.
I'm not sure why though, I sit while at my computer and I might as well be wired and not wasting batteries.

rahul911
03-24-2007, 09:50 PM
The 360 controller for pc gaming will play like any other joypad or so....but i guess it won't work with the older games.
Anywayz...the only reason i'm switching from pc gamin to this new/current gen is beacuse for pc gaming...u will probably have to upgrade your comp's graphics chips...sound card...ram etc as newer games want better stuff...
As for consoles...they can remain the same...which is great news