PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider Desmond the Main Character of the series

ALTAIRXEZIO
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
do you consider Desmond to be technically the main character of the series.. or the ancestor of that game.... like altair and ezio

ALTAIRXEZIO
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
do you consider Desmond to be technically the main character of the series.. or the ancestor of that game.... like altair and ezio

wanderer77
04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
yes, Altair does not return in AC2. he just becomes a legend story..... so we actually see how legends are made. Desmond is actually the main character here.

Mitro-Blade
04-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Of course. Without Desmond, you wouldn't be able to play as Altair and Ezio.

Xanatos2007
04-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Funny how Patrice said he doesn't want to make Assassin's Creed into "Desmond's Creed", yet in the opening cutscene he finishes off with "My name is Desmond miles. And this is my story."

jimbo11235813
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
At the moment, I only see him as a bridge to go from one story, Altair's, to another, Ezio, because in each game the Ancestral assassins seemed more to be the main characters in their games whereas Desmond is just in the game to show the audience/gamers whats happening in the modern time in the game. If Desmond did a little bit more than he did in AC2 (even if it were conversations like in AC1), then I would think of him more as the main character.

However, as he is getting more involved, it does feel like he will become much more important and, hopefully, will be playable for some of the game (not just freerunning or first/last minute fight.)

A main character to me has to be a character who is both important in the game and features in more than many of the other characters. Desmond only has the first characteristic.

Razrback16
04-30-2010, 10:22 AM
So far, yes.

wanderer77
04-30-2010, 02:37 PM
for anyone who says Ezio/ALtair is more important... lets have a quick review of events.

the bleeding effect was demonstrated in AC1. Desmond gained eagle vision.... i wonder why?

AC2 quickly starts out explaining they need Desmond to follow Ezio's story, so he can LEARN what Ezio has learned..... geeee i wonder why?
and the bleeding effect test has Desmond climbing the assassin warehouse, and later, fighting a bunch of foolish templars led by Vidic.

the ending features "Minerva" giving a speech addressed directly to DESMOND not Ezio.

seriously the whole talk about the bleeding effect is leading up to something, i am not the only one who thinks this. the simple conclusion is.... ALtair and Ezio are the cars. Desmond is the driver. can't wait for AC3.

TheRealDABhand
05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
It is apparent the final game in the series will be of Desmond as the assassin, he is slowly getting the skills each time, and is getting introduced to do more each game.