PDA

View Full Version : FMB request, placeable flammable object

TPN_Cephas
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
It would be really nice if there was an object in the FMB that was invisible and took a set amount of damage to destroy, or even better auto destructed when the nearest object was destroyed. Then this object would then create a fireball and smoke effect.

This would be so much easier to implement than reworking all the current ground object damage modeling and would give mission builders the ability to give lots of atmosphere to missions.

If it could be made in several different sizes of explosive effects that would be even better.

TPN_Cephas
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
It would be really nice if there was an object in the FMB that was invisible and took a set amount of damage to destroy, or even better auto destructed when the nearest object was destroyed. Then this object would then create a fireball and smoke effect.

This would be so much easier to implement than reworking all the current ground object damage modeling and would give mission builders the ability to give lots of atmosphere to missions.

If it could be made in several different sizes of explosive effects that would be even better.

ElAurens
12-12-2004, 08:07 PM
A small way around this is to put fuel trucks inside of buildings.

TPN_Cephas
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I have tried that but the explosion is puny and the kill messages are wrong, I also use fuel trucks to set off train oil tanks which have a some what better explosion. I was hoping for something with a bigger explosion and smoke trail.

Troll2k
12-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Looking to lose even more fps?