PDA

View Full Version : Latest Developer Diary and Whose REBECCAC84?

SaitenMar
11-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Ubisoft released the latest and last developer diary recently and I have a quick question.

Assassins Creed 2 Developer Diary 6. (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dev-diaries-assassins-creed/58750)

Who or what exactly is REBECCAC84? (at 1:36 in the diary) As this already been spoken about because it's the first time I've seen it. Love the new feature though, was a massive fan of the historical locations of the first game and getting to know a little bit of history with it is superb.

Edengoth
11-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I was curious about that as well...I'd speculate that it has to do with some sort of online network of Assassins who contribute to the Assassin's database that gets implemented into the Animus.
I dunno though. Just my guess.

Coolgerb
11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
No one else but the devs, and certain reviewers know that.
The devs certainly won't spoil it, and the reviewers either;

1. Find it not important enough to mention in any of their articles, or
2. Don't wan't to risk any spoilers for their readers in their articles, and if not these 2, then
3. They had to agree to a Non Disclosure Agreement about plot elements.

Assassin_M
11-06-2009, 10:32 PM
REBECCAC84 is the new engineer of the animus 2.0
she appeared in a video but cant remember where

Coolgerb
11-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Erh, wasn't the operator some guy modeled and voiced by some pretty-famous-but-unknown-to-me-real-life guy?

Assassin_M
11-06-2009, 10:43 PM
no thats the historian giving desmond info on the time era his name is shaun hastings the person im talikng about is named rebecca crane she is the engineer of the animus 2.0 and a persumed modern assassin

JudgeQwerty
11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
For some reason, I'm betting that's Lucy Stillman's real name.

CRUDFACE
11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

yeah, I think she had a headset and stuff and I think she was asian...I think. It's kinda cool how she bet that the building was holding some kind of secret

the amolang
11-06-2009, 11:18 PM
There are three assassin's that help you.
-Lucy (i think she is kind of like the boss)
-Shaun Hastings (the historian guy voiced by David Wallace)
-Rebecca (she is supposed to be the technical one, that works the animus, I guess her role is like lucy's in ac1)

so I expect this REBECCAC84 is rebecca.

opisamra
11-07-2009, 12:17 AM
WOW!!! I feel so noooooby. I've been stalking these forums for over a year now almost everyday. I think of my self quite up to date and knowledgable about anything to do with AC2. BUT, I have never heard of this Rebecca before. Does anyone have any articles or video's or anything where she is mentioned along with her role in the game??

guipit
11-07-2009, 12:45 AM
you can see her back in the xplay vid

AltairEagleEzio
11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
/rage

Apparantly, the X-Play video is not available in Australia. Anyone know where I can find an uploaded version i can watch, anywhere? I wanna see this new girl.

JudgeQwerty
11-07-2009, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lGHPUB5Do

There you go!

AltairEagleEzio
11-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh wait, I meant the X-play vid. Sorry qwerty. I've already seen Dev diary 6 heaps of times.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-07-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm getting a "Matrix operator" sort of vibe here.

Desmond: "Plug me in, Rebecca."
Rebecca: "Got it."
Animus: "Loading memory. Hello, Subject Seventeen."
Des: *sigh* "Hey, I'm not 'Subject Seventeen' anymore. Bec, can you fix that?"
Bec: "Already on it."
Des: "Ah, crap. You dropped me right in the middle of a fight."
Bec: "Oops! Sorry!"
Des: "Hey, can I have some guns here?"
Bec: "... Excuse m-"
Des: "Assault rifles - AND A MECHA SUIT!"
Bec: "I can't do that." -_-

Now every time I get into a fight I'm going to imagine Ezio shouting at the air for a mecha suit. @_@

SaitenMar
11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
A friend believes it is the young women whose in that Xplay video, I'm not to sure though.

Have to wait and see I guess, looks like she(he?) gives you little side challenges to take part in.

An_Idea
11-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
For some reason, I'm betting that's Lucy Stillman's real name.

i like that idea ^

Cjguy156
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Well another sight for sore eyes is the 'The Truth' in the diary on the menu at 0:58-0:59.

This REBECCAC84 could be the user name for the animus 2.0 creator or the operator, or the could be the same.

Hatzego
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm 99.9(rec.)% sure that REBECCAC84 is Rebecca Crane's animus login, the techie for Lucy's assassin branch.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> REBECCA C 84
<LI>REBECCA = Rebecca, obviously.

<LI>C = Crane

<LI>84 = possibly year of birth, making her 28 in the game's timeline, 2012. [/list]

TyronLeRoy
11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Myke013:
I'm 99.9(rec.)% sure that REBECCAC84 is Rebecca Crane's animus login, the techie for Lucy's assassin branch.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> REBECCA C 84
<LI>REBECCA = Rebecca, obviously.

<LI>C = Crane

<LI>84 = possibly year of birth, making her 28 in the game's timeline, 2012. [/list]

http://i36.tinypic.com/33afacg.png

Tadaaaa.
Rebecca Crane.
28 Years old. Tech Nerd. Longtime friend of Lucy. Is somewhat the 'operator' of the Animus 2.0 much like people got plugged into the matrix - and what Lucy was in ACI. She's witty, kind of nosy and always helpful. She's replacing the 'sweetheartness' that Lucy was in AC1, since Lucy's going all bad-*** chick leather catsuit type of thing.

The popup ingame is quite possibly a remark she makes about the certain information.

shadows473
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah she has a wierd accent since i "accidently" watched a leak video from a pirated game. She sounds western and kind of annoying she looks and sounds like the cheese lady in that kid show cory in the house or something maybe she plays Rebbecca. She respects Ezio alot

Looks and sounds kinda like this chick (http://6.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqiaskwFbj1qa3o37o1_400.jpg)

An_Idea
11-09-2009, 10:21 PM
bahahahaha its so true to