PDA

View Full Version : If you cannot make the game right do not sell it

tocelot1
06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Again I have failed the flying machine on brotherhood. And again it is not right or fair or good gaming. If you cannot make a fair game, do not make any. You should not have to restart an entire mission because something goes wrong in that mission; that is what checkpoints are for. I do not find this challenging, I find it frustrating in the extreme. There is no reason for this, and I cannot imagine what you were thinking. There is no way to undo a fail at any point in any mission, you have to restart the mission. I do not know of any other game that does this. A checkpoint reached means you go to the next checkpoint, and if you fail you[ go back to that checkpoint with a reset of where you were. Was it laziness, or lack of playing the game and it's frustrating parts to led to this,. Maybe you know the best way to win every mission, your average gamer does not. We struggle and swear and try to finish and win the achievements but you make it almost impossible. Make it playable and make it fair or do not make it.

xx-pyro
06-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Posting the same topic 3 times doesn't make you cool it makes you an idiot, lol.

Poodle_of_Doom
06-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by tocelot1:
Again I have failed the flying machine on brotherhood. And again it is not right or fair or good gaming. If you cannot make a fair game, do not make any. You should not have to restart an entire mission because something goes wrong in that mission; that is what checkpoints are for. I do not find this challenging, I find it frustrating in the extreme. There is no reason for this, and I cannot imagine what you were thinking. There is no way to undo a fail at any point in any mission, you have to restart the mission. I do not know of any other game that does this. A checkpoint reached means you go to the next checkpoint, and if you fail you[ go back to that checkpoint with a reset of where you were. Was it laziness, or lack of playing the game and it's frustrating parts to led to this,. Maybe you know the best way to win every mission, your average gamer does not. We struggle and swear and try to finish and win the achievements but you make it almost impossible. Make it playable and make it fair or do not make it.

I find it amazing when I can date myself, and pinpoint some onesí exact age at the same time, based solely on how they talk about video games, saves, and check points. I can tell your under 17 solely based on the fact that if you get this worked up about not having a checkpoint,... you'd of had a conniption, and gone rampant about 20 years ago when characters only had three lives...

Mic_92
06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tocelot1:

I find it amazing when I can date myself, and pinpoint some onesí exact age at the same time, based solely on how they talk about video games, saves, and check points. I can tell your under 17 solely based on the fact that if you get this worked up about not having a checkpoint,... you'd of had a conniption, and gone rampant about 20 years ago when characters only had three lives... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not really fair. Most of the old games were genuinely difficult, not just cheap like that 100% synch feature that was kind of there just to lengthen the game by giving you objectives that pretty much require you to redo the missions more than once, like finishing under 8 minutes.

SAVMATIC
06-14-2011, 07:59 PM
how about dont buy it if you dont like it dumb ****, they dont make their games specifically to cater to your little brain. Everyone else here completed the games just fine, theyre pretty easy

Poodle_of_Doom
06-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tocelot1:

I find it amazing when I can date myself, and pinpoint some onesí exact age at the same time, based solely on how they talk about video games, saves, and check points. I can tell your under 17 solely based on the fact that if you get this worked up about not having a checkpoint,... you'd of had a conniption, and gone rampant about 20 years ago when characters only had three lives... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not really fair. Most of the old games were genuinely difficult, not just cheap like that 100% synch feature that was kind of there just to lengthen the game by giving you objectives that pretty much require you to redo the missions more than once, like finishing under 8 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no, that's perfectly fair. Sav hit the nail on the head here... and as someone who grew up on those "genuinely difficult" games, these ones are fairly easy. I find myself rarely tensing up, trying to obtain catlike reflexes, just to make a jump, or time a button tap correctly. These games just don't offer the same level of difficulty they used to...

L.Cie
06-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by tocelot1:

I recommend you try Demon's Souls.

Eziosantos
06-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Why do people find the Flying Machine and Tank mission so difficult? They were really easy :/

Poodle_of_Doom
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Eziosantos:
Why do people find the Flying Machine and Tank mission so difficult? They were really easy :/

It took me a couple trys at the flying machine, but once I got it down, it was alright. I'm actually wondering why they didn't work the six axis controler into it....

O6EvolutionIXMR
06-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I like how people blame the game for sucking at it.

Blind2Society
06-14-2011, 09:58 PM
For obvious reasons I am going to avoid almost all of what the OP said and focus on the main point, lack of checkpoints.

Originally posted by Eziosantos:
First off, this post just ticked me off. I could elaborate but I'll just leave it at that.

Moving on...

There is an issue with lack of check points and not being able to load such checkpoints at will (or a save load system that serves the same purpose). For me the tank mission was where this issue really revealed itself. I could complete the mission easily but kept loosing the 100% sync once I entered the compound holding all the war machines. Because of this I had to tail the architect over and over, release the mercenaries and fight the gaurds over and over, naviagate the tunnels over and over, and get to the compound over and over, until I found out the correct way to tackle the compoind without getting hit once. This smiley sums up how I felt at the time pretty well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif. There needed to be a checkpoint just before entering the tank. That is only logical.

Of course once I figured out the right way to do it, it was no longer an issue but that's not the point. It almost seems Ubisoft did this on purpose to make the game last longer, which, if true, is a very shameful thing.

A well thought out check point system or load/save system absolutely needs to be implemented