PDA

View Full Version : Still cant get skins/track to work :(

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Is it not possible to see your own skin in tracks? Last night i was making one for screenshots....no matter what i tried still my plane reverted to a standardskin that came with FB. On all other planes it worked but not mine, whats the deal? Cos when i watch tracks to take screenies i turn resolution and details up, i cant play with them but watching tracks/take screenies its possible. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Is it not possible to see your own skin in tracks? Last night i was making one for screenshots....no matter what i tried still my plane reverted to a standardskin that came with FB. On all other planes it worked but not mine, whats the deal? Cos when i watch tracks to take screenies i turn resolution and details up, i cant play with them but watching tracks/take screenies its possible. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Plz use the console just after the track starts to play.

(shift tab)

Then you can se all errors regarding the skins or likewise.

My bet is that it has a faulty name, it will load in the MP and in quick missions, but try assigning that skin to an AI plane in a quick mission, and Ill bet you wont see it.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

U cannot use certain symbols in the skin name, or it wont load in the il2engine.

Try it.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

/Petter_Gul
CO, Flygflottilj 16
#1 Swedish Virtual Squadron
http://www.f16vs.tk

"Slider.... You Stink..."

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 12:26 PM
You can get the skins in the ntrk's if you have Skin Download ticked in il2setup.

<center>
http://www.imgmag.org/images/delta9tetra/lurch-avatar.gif

</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Petter thats what i said, the AI planes works fine with customskins just not the plane im flying and ive tried the skindownload thing without results. Its the same with all custumskins btw.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
can be several things :

1) your skin must be a 512x512 256 colour BMP
(yes it can be 1024x1024 but this can give lag in online games)
2) your skin must be located in the right dir
(if ya can select it it should be ok) lol
3) you must have download skins on in il2setup.exe under Network

hopes this helps - have noticed a BIG delay in download of custom skins after the 1.1b patch - can take upto .5 hour before some appear lol dunno what that is...
one min flying a standard skin next plop custom