PDA

View Full Version : Radiator question

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Are you sure that with radiator on speed decreases?
I've made some tests and speed was the same at either radiator open or closed!

Same thing I noticed with fuel: Even if I take 100% or 25%, the max. speed is still the same and I get to an exact point at the same time +-2 seconds!

Have you got any reliable tests that oppose above cause mine are not tests made in many altitudes and conditions. I just took the plane and flew from one point to another (almost level flight) and had these identical results.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Are you sure that with radiator on speed decreases?
I've made some tests and speed was the same at either radiator open or closed!

Same thing I noticed with fuel: Even if I take 100% or 25%, the max. speed is still the same and I get to an exact point at the same time +-2 seconds!

Have you got any reliable tests that oppose above cause mine are not tests made in many altitudes and conditions. I just took the plane and flew from one point to another (almost level flight) and had these identical results.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 01:26 PM
I've read the same in previous threads and I've conducted similar tests. I saw no difference also. With all the biatching that's had been in the forum about FM's, I just kept it to myself, even though I don't consider it whining. Good question. One I would like to have the answer to. Although, I can feel more uberness in the P-39 with a lighter fuel load. S!

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 01:59 PM
I think the radiator thing depends on the plane. Just tested the 109 f4 at sea level 100% fuel,
difference between fully open radiator and closed was around 40km/h.
What plane did you test it with?

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:17 PM
mapetroni wrote:
- I think the radiator thing depends on the plane.
- Just tested the 109 f4 at sea level 100% fuel,
- difference between fully open radiator and closed
- was around 40km/h.
- What plane did you test it with?
-
-

F2 AND F4!
Amazing...