PDA

View Full Version : P38 campaigns

DmdSeeker
07-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Am I right in thinking one can't generate a P38 campign using the stock campaign generator for the European theater?

All the choices seem to be PTO only.

This is on a fresh (but patched up to date) installation of FB+AEP+PF.

Low_Flyer_MkII
07-31-2005, 05:24 PM
There's a campaign entitled 'Lightning Strikes' available on the airwarfare site. Have downloaded it but not found time to try it yet - What with everything else on offer at the moment!

Hope it helps. < S! >

VW-IceFire
07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
My campaign Lightning Strikes can be found here: http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.ph...e_number=2&cat_id=28 (http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.php?page_number=2&cat_id=28)

You fly a P-38L, there are 12 missions, and you fly over Normandy post D-Day flying all types of missions (fighter sweep, attack, etc.). Closest you can come to a European P-38 campaign without buying Battle Over Europe campaign CD.

wayno7777
07-31-2005, 09:33 PM
It's a good one, too...Thanks, Icefire...

ClnlSandersLite
07-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Get DCG (Dynamic campaign generator) here: http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php, then customize a campaign to fit your needs. It's easy, and VERY effective.

DmdSeeker
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I know there's a lot of really good campaigns written by users for a fair range of planes; but that wasn't my point.

Is it really impoosible to fly a European P38 campaign in an up to date; online compatable version of IL-2?

Can't see the point of new planes if there's such a limited use for them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I've tried getting DCG before; but the campaigns invariably crash 75% through; and I'd much rather use the default tools; if it's at all possible.

But thanks for all the replies.

Zeus-cat
08-01-2005, 02:13 PM
There are no European campaigns released with the game. A deal was made to let the third party creators of some of the maps (who did all of this work for free) release all of the European campaigns as a third party paid for add-on. Look for BOE on the JustFlight website.

Zeus-cat

Aviar
08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
IceFire,

Is there anyplace else I can get your P-38 campaign without having to register?

Yep. Just tried it again and it still requires you to register.

Aviar

DmdSeeker
08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
There are no European campaigns released with the game. A deal was made to let the third party creators of some of the maps (who did all of this work for free) release all of the European campaigns as a third party paid for add-on. Look for BOE on the JustFlight website.

Zeus-cat

That just...sucks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I fully accept the point that a way has been found for the suppliers of free content (such as maps; planes etc.)to recoup a little of their investment through marketing campaign add ons. In fact; it's not a bad idea at all.

But in that case; I expect to see big, glowing neon links on the IL-2 web site patch down load page saying : "And get your european campaigns here! Only $29.95 per pack!".

I'd be downloading them as we speak (shakes head; don't these people WANT to earn money?!?).

But even then; that's more scripted campaigns; such as the one mentioned upthread. A lot of these are very good indeed; but I'd have thought that after four years of patching; they could have come up with a campaign generator that can handle every plane in the game.

Sigh. Anyway; thanks for the information; I'll take a look at the web site you mentioned.

VW-IceFire
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Aviar:
IceFire,

Aviar
You don't have to register...

VW-IceFire
08-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zeus-cat:

Zeus-cat

That just...sucks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I fully accept the point that a way has been found for the suppliers of free content (such as maps; planes etc.)to recoup a little of their investment through marketing campaign add ons. In fact; it's not a bad idea at all.

But in that case; I expect to see big, glowing neon links on the IL-2 web site patch down load page saying : "And get your european campaigns here! Only $29.95 per pack!".

I'd be downloading them as we speak (shakes head; don't these people WANT to earn money?!?).

But even then; that's more scripted campaigns; such as the one mentioned upthread. A lot of these are very good indeed; but I'd have thought that after four years of patching; they could have come up with a campaign generator that can handle every plane in the game.

Sigh. Anyway; thanks for the information; I'll take a look at the web site you mentioned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The additions are made by third parties and licensed by UbiSoft but UbiSoft doesn't do a fantastic job of promoting them. You can purchase Battle Over Europe here: http://www.justflight.com/en/(befjao45lly4v5jegxf1mznu)/pages/area2/products.aspx?pid=JFF000399&cat=a

The campaign generator can handle every plane in the game and if you want to run one of the current map scenarios with the P-38 you CAN. But when you talk about generating scenarios on different maps (say the Normandy one) there is more to it than just plunking in a dynamic campaign generator. I don't know all of the details but the system used in BoE is really quite detailed from what I understand - there was considerable human effort to make the dynamic system work in a historical and believable way.

What you get with my campaign is hand made missions (for better or worse). I had a reference guide of where the frontlines were during the Normandy campaign so my capaign is almost 100% accurate when it comes to the moving of the frontline. The dynamic system is similar...but doen in a computer generated and pilot influenced sort of way.

Aviar
08-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aviar:
IceFire,

Aviar
You don't have to register... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to download it and it said I have to register first.

Yep. Just tried it again and it requires you to register.

Aviar

DmdSeeker
08-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Is there any place I can get this P38 campaign without needing to register?

BSS_Goat
08-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Send me $29.95 and I'll register for you.