PDA

View Full Version : My general post on everything I have to complain about.

Patches30
11-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I just wanted to start a thread on those things that arent really bugs, or corrections, but things that you think the game shoud include or not include. Bugs and corrections have thier own place to be but this thread is generally for the discussion of the flight sim itself as a whole and its directions in development. With that said I'd like to just let lose some of the concerns I have.

First of all the FB+ACE+PF combination sim is really all that we should be playing, its amazing the kinds of scenarios you could model with access to all of these planes and objects.

The PF game is awesome, Id like to say that the planes are excellently done and the modelling is excellent as usual. These planes remind me of those plastic models that you see in the expert magazines on how to build plastic models. In any case there are still a few planes missing. from the ACE expansion pack we began to play the bf-110-G2 but we dont have access to the Me-210 which was basically a one seat variant of the twin. It was an excellent inprovement and the firepower on the 210 would be much fun.

One disapointment I have is that as of the release of the game, the UBI master servers are not yet configured to handle the 'complete sim package' as it were.

A question I have is that if I model in mobile ships into my dogfight map, why dont the ships ever appear, move, or run? It seems to me that these would be useful in oppositional configurations and not just co-op missions.

Those are pretty much the only questions I have. I do have questions about the optimization of the listening server until I finally get a workstation to play on and am able to run a server full-time. The memory leak also sometimes causes crashes, Ive had trouble with my video hardware before, but right now its really not feasible to play at the same time as running a listening server, even though thats what its designed to do, and I have some serious hardware under the hood. Everytime I climb into the cockpit, everyone else lags for a few seconds, and that is really frustrating.

Finally I would like to see a developer with an interest in the apperance of the models, develop the haze-blue paint by sherwin-williams for the P-38 and the B-25 as those were the planes which were painted with the then-top-secret color (which basically would look a lot like the paint on the F4u-d) Also had any of the modellers given any thought to some of the special variants of some of the planes? Like yippee, which was the 10,000th P-38 she was a bright vermillion color and had all the tricks of the time. And speaking of the P-38 variant what are the chances we could begin incorportating radar into this game? the P-38 and other planes had a radar variant after 1944 and a half, like the P-38-n which was a night fighter.

Finally, if we're going to fly seaplanes, a nice catalina PBY model would be much fun, even if its kinda.... sheepish. which leads me to a question, whether the seaplanes have a kind of home-base or harbor we could program into the maps because its difficult to launch a seaplane, if its not at sea.

Ok for a summary I basically said:
1. Some tech stuff needs adressing.
2. It would be nice if the AI components of the game would function on dogfight maps.
3. Certain planes had variants, like the Haze Blue paint by sherwin williams that would be nice to see in the game, as well as radar.
4. Seaplanes need a 'home base'
5. <add your comments here>

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm tyring to stay focused on this particular sim but I have a lot of ideas about video games that you at UBI would probably like to hear and that players like me would just love to play.

Thanks,

-Corey

Patches30
11-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I just wanted to start a thread on those things that arent really bugs, or corrections, but things that you think the game shoud include or not include. Bugs and corrections have thier own place to be but this thread is generally for the discussion of the flight sim itself as a whole and its directions in development. With that said I'd like to just let lose some of the concerns I have.

First of all the FB+ACE+PF combination sim is really all that we should be playing, its amazing the kinds of scenarios you could model with access to all of these planes and objects.

The PF game is awesome, Id like to say that the planes are excellently done and the modelling is excellent as usual. These planes remind me of those plastic models that you see in the expert magazines on how to build plastic models. In any case there are still a few planes missing. from the ACE expansion pack we began to play the bf-110-G2 but we dont have access to the Me-210 which was basically a one seat variant of the twin. It was an excellent inprovement and the firepower on the 210 would be much fun.

One disapointment I have is that as of the release of the game, the UBI master servers are not yet configured to handle the 'complete sim package' as it were.

A question I have is that if I model in mobile ships into my dogfight map, why dont the ships ever appear, move, or run? It seems to me that these would be useful in oppositional configurations and not just co-op missions.

Those are pretty much the only questions I have. I do have questions about the optimization of the listening server until I finally get a workstation to play on and am able to run a server full-time. The memory leak also sometimes causes crashes, Ive had trouble with my video hardware before, but right now its really not feasible to play at the same time as running a listening server, even though thats what its designed to do, and I have some serious hardware under the hood. Everytime I climb into the cockpit, everyone else lags for a few seconds, and that is really frustrating.

Finally I would like to see a developer with an interest in the apperance of the models, develop the haze-blue paint by sherwin-williams for the P-38 and the B-25 as those were the planes which were painted with the then-top-secret color (which basically would look a lot like the paint on the F4u-d) Also had any of the modellers given any thought to some of the special variants of some of the planes? Like yippee, which was the 10,000th P-38 she was a bright vermillion color and had all the tricks of the time. And speaking of the P-38 variant what are the chances we could begin incorportating radar into this game? the P-38 and other planes had a radar variant after 1944 and a half, like the P-38-n which was a night fighter.

Finally, if we're going to fly seaplanes, a nice catalina PBY model would be much fun, even if its kinda.... sheepish. which leads me to a question, whether the seaplanes have a kind of home-base or harbor we could program into the maps because its difficult to launch a seaplane, if its not at sea.

Ok for a summary I basically said:
1. Some tech stuff needs adressing.
2. It would be nice if the AI components of the game would function on dogfight maps.
3. Certain planes had variants, like the Haze Blue paint by sherwin williams that would be nice to see in the game, as well as radar.
4. Seaplanes need a 'home base'
5. &lt;add your comments here&gt;

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm tyring to stay focused on this particular sim but I have a lot of ideas about video games that you at UBI would probably like to hear and that players like me would just love to play.

Thanks,

-Corey