PDA

View Full Version : Double Blade Animation(s)

Dynasty2021
11-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Hey guys,

I dont know about you, but I get about 3 variations of counter kill animations when using the double hidden blades.

Couple of questions;

1- Any way to use just one blade instead of both (in fights specifically as I know he only uses one blade when you do a silent kill) when you get the two blades as you progress through the story.

2- Does anyone know exactly how to do the rapid ''gutting'' move with the double blades? Where Ezio uses both blades and alternates shanking your target in the chest/stomach really quickly?
I've done it once before, and cant remember what I was doing when I did it as I was too caught up in the awesomeness of the animation...cant remember if it was a standard counter move or if I had disarmed the guy first, or if I had dodged his attack and pressed [] or not.

Is it a combo move where you press [] straight after the clashing of blades?

Im asking because the animations are pretty much my favourite thing about AC1 and now AC2. And I love knowing how to do my favourite moves every time, if you know what I mean.

I know that each type of swing of the target's sword/mace/spear etc creates a specific counter kill animation each time like in the first game, as do the combo kill animations when youre attacking instead of defending.

Many thanks for any input.

Im sure I'll figure it out eventually as I plan to loose many hours of sleep to this...frankly, incredible game much like I did with the last one.

Just wanted to save a few hours by seeing if anyone knew already!

kew414
11-24-2009, 03:23 AM
I believe the "rapid gutting move" is a random counter/kill when fighting with the hidden blades http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I think he has a chance of doing it when you counter, and a chance of doing it as a finishing move when you continuously attack an enemy in a fight.

But yeah, it's a pretty awesome move. It's quite popular http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif