PDA

View Full Version : Gun sight view

doogerie
04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
do you use it or just try and fight from the cockpit view like the real piolts probly did

doogerie
04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
do you use it or just try and fight from the cockpit view like the real piolts probly did

VW-IceFire
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I prefer the cockpit view as opposed to the virtual HUD or see through cockpit (whatever you want to call it) mode.

The cockpit view I feel gives me a better feel for where my plane is. Yes the view is obscured but thats part of the fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

danjama
04-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Cockpit off is actually the one thing i despise in this game and i refuse to fly when it is enabled.

Also what do you mean "probably did", they had no choice but to have the cockpit on it was real life

pensfan17
04-05-2009, 03:10 PM
I think he might mean using F1 gunsight view. If so, I use it only to see objects in the distance, never when firing.

K_Freddie
04-05-2009, 03:10 PM
doogerie:
ASAP move onto full pit view, as it gives you a better 'feel' to flying IL2 for real (except the G-Forces.. etc).

Open pit gives one a slightly 'distorted' view, and when converting to full-pit, you'll find yourself miss-calculation deflection shooting.

Practise more on full-pit, and the 'rewards will come'
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DKoor
04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
OK... I use cockpit 90% of my Il-2 play time. I only use off view when checking some stuff out etc.
If I may recommend a plane with nice cockpit view - that is Lavochkin, from series LA-5F you have excellent all around view, and to your rear too (you have armored glass at cockpit rear).
And of course... at the same price you have beast of a plane too.

slipBall
04-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm getting something else from his post because of "like the real piolts probly did" I think he is asking if anyone uses the gun sight view as opposed to looking out the front window...my take from his wording of the question. Anyway I do use the sight when I have closed in to near my guns convergence distance, but not always do I use it.

K_Freddie
04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Just bloody shoot.. if you miss.. make adjustments
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ElAurens
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Actually the gun sight view is more realistic than the zoomed out view. This has been discussed here many times. The "zoomed in" F1 gun sight view more accurately shows what you would actually see in the cockpit of a real aircraft.

Remember, we are looking out of a porthole to fly our virtual aircraft, so to mimic a "realistic" field of view your point of view is actually incorrect.

Confusing, isn't it?

Choctaw111
04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Gunsight view doesn't enlarge objects in the distance like the decrease field of view does. It only centers your view on the gunsight which is VERY handy on some fighters, the Me262 in particular...and yes, I use it when on non 6DOF (Mod) servers

jermin122
04-06-2009, 01:19 AM
I think he was referring to Gunsight View(Delete) as opposed to Normal View(End) and Wide View(PageDown).

norton1974
04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
I take it to mean the gunsight zoom in view, and i use it to determine the position of another aircraft, if im closing on a e/a and cant tell what direction he is really going this view is really usefull, and also to identify other aircraft. However i never use it to actually shoot, because it feels like tunnel vision to me.