PDA

View Full Version : Still not on-line....

bmoffa
04-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Tried hyperlobby client, but getting an 11004 error and no help from them. I know there are other ways to play on line, but how and where? Do you use the multiplay dialog? Where do you get the server name and address information?

rnzoli
04-20-2007, 10:12 AM
that connection method is called "direct IP", the only way to get it from the web pages of the server

other alternative is All-Seeing Eye, but needs to be paid for after trial period

Jettexas
04-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello Bmoffa,

I see your post over there,
go back to hyperfighter.sk
click the linkage on the left labeled "Forum Search", type in 11004 and hit enter.

It seems from the results that your issue is about allowing a firewall exception for your game but there are other possibilities too.

Likely your question is a common one and so is being overlooked or there is just not a lot of forum traffic over there these days and not many are seeing it...

Dont take offence, our sim community can be little "curmudgeon-y" and contentious but they have hearts of gold.
We were all new once.

Hyperlobby is the hangout of choice for the vast majority of the community
so you really need to get that squared away.

Welcome to the skies of IL2-
post back if you try the suggested solutions and still cant get on.

S!

Redfish_XO
www.caf96th.com (http://www.caf96th.com)

Yellow_Sub
04-20-2007, 10:37 AM
other alternative is All-Seeing Eye, but needs to be paid for after trial period

Actually you can prolong the free trial ad infinitum. You just have to select 'No I want to try 7 more days'. At least in the version I have.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Yellow_Sub:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">other alternative is All-Seeing Eye, but needs to be paid for after trial period

Actually you can prolong the free trial ad infinitum. You just have to select 'No I want to try 7 more days'. At least in the version I have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use the AllSeeingEye ( http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer ) It's free (as stated previously, just "try it for another 7 days") and also provides the IP addresses for the respective servers so you can join via direct IP if you choose.

TB

rnzoli
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Technically, yes. And legally...? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Zoom2136
04-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Here are a few server adress so you can direct connect...

Warclouds west front (WC WF) :
67.106.81.125:21000

Warclouds touch of history (WC TH) :
67.106.81.125:21002

Warclouds TS (and password)
ts.war-clouds.com PW: warcloudsrox

Spits vs 109
69.9.37.146:21010

Spits vs 109 TS (and password)
69.9.37.146 Password = falcon9

Hope this gets you going...

Xiolablu3
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Did Warclouds touch of History take off?

I am afraid I never tried it yet, I always favoured more varied planesets and time periods on a Warclouds server...I get very tired of late 1944 planesets every map where the whole server is flying Doras, Spitfires,Tempests and P51s.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by rnzoli:
Technically, yes. And legally...? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

There's not a legal issue at all. They simply relied (yes, past tense since they're now owned by Yahoo) on an individual's sense of obligation to compensate for a freeware proggy much like bitorrent...which I've also never contributed to. No guilt.

Maybe one day I WILL make a donation (to those that take donations) or purchase an upgraded version of ASE...if I ever deem an upgrade necessary. You see, if you pay for ASE, you get some added functionality and a bigger, more complete program, which I just don't need.

TB

rnzoli
04-20-2007, 03:31 PM
You seem to be 100% right. Meanwhile I looked up their site and this is the difference:

Get the World's #1 Game Server Browser

Supports all the popular games
Fast and easy access to game servers
Keep track of your friends and make new ones
Find the best game servers with powerful search tools

Full version:
Unlimited number of friends and groups
Priority access to game server scanners
Advanced search tools
US $15 - One year license keycode

It seems like the trial version is an "unlimited trial", not the usual 30-day trial. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xiolablu3
04-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Besides, I think ASE is by Yahoo, not some poor lone developer.

Or at least Yahoo bought the rights to it, so the author got some dosh from that I'll bet.

Bearcat99
04-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by bmoffa:
Tried hyperlobby client, but getting an 11004 error and no help from them. I know there are other ways to play on line, but how and where? Do you use the multiplay dialog? Where do you get the server name and address information?

Make sure your firewall is set correctly and if youi are going through a router make sure the proper ports are opened...