PDA

View Full Version : UK TV Guide for tonight (Monday 13th)

AWL_Spinner
12-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Excellent series, this.

Cheers, Spinner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Bomber Crew

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

3/4 - Sitting Ducks

Week after week, this series reminds us how hellish it was for Second World War bomber crews. Tonight the focus is on the gunners. It might seem a comparatively cushy job, but think about it: they had to sit in freezing-cold gun turrets and stare out at the night sky for hours at a time, hunting for the silhouette of a German fighter. If they caught a glimpse of one, they had to open fire or be shot down first. The reflexes and stamina needed on a ten-hour mission must have been nerve-shredding, so no wonder quite a few of them had breakdowns.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWL_Spinner
12-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Excellent series, this.

Cheers, Spinner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Bomber Crew

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

3/4 - Sitting Ducks

Week after week, this series reminds us how hellish it was for Second World War bomber crews. Tonight the focus is on the gunners. It might seem a comparatively cushy job, but think about it: they had to sit in freezing-cold gun turrets and stare out at the night sky for hours at a time, hunting for the silhouette of a German fighter. If they caught a glimpse of one, they had to open fire or be shot down first. The reflexes and stamina needed on a ten-hour mission must have been nerve-shredding, so no wonder quite a few of them had breakdowns.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ashley2005
12-13-2004, 11:50 AM
ahhhhh y thank you i keep meaning to watch this but always end up missing it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

cow9th
12-13-2004, 02:24 PM
i am watching this now, its actually quite interesting.
i wouldnt like to go through one mission as a lanc gunner let alone 22

Klarkash
12-13-2004, 02:38 PM
apparently it was quite easy to get stuck in the belly gun in the B-17, at which point you have to hope the undercarraige still works

ashley2005
12-13-2004, 03:04 PM
i got a bit excited wen the B17 had a real engine problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Acme70
12-13-2004, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBushe:
apparently it was quite easy to get stuck in the belly gun in the B-17, at which point you have to hope the undercarraige still works <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B-17 Belly gunners were locked in early in the mission & only let out when the mission was almost over, imagine 10 hours stuck in a plexiglass bubble, Sitting in the same position, Freezing cold, Enemy fighters shooting at you & don't forget the flak, ****, It's mindblowing to think of the stress they were under.