PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Cyborg Evo - throttle control does not function!

mandrill7
05-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Plugged in my new joystick and installed. The diagnostics tested fine and hell, the controller worked fine too.

Except the throttle. Which doens't work at all. Or even register on the game screen.

Anyone help?

WildApes
05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
I had the same issue.

You need to goto options and set the throttle manually as default is -U. On this joystick it registers as -Z

I have other issues with this saitek evo force though. Damn rudder veers really far to the right and the y-axis doesn't seem to have full range.

mandrill7
05-05-2006, 04:39 PM
How exactly do I do what you suggest?

Where is "options"? Is it a Saitek interface? Or a Il-2 interface?

Thanks for the help. BTW I read your thread on the FF model with interest. I was going to get a FF Evo, but the local stockist took over 4 weeks to not quite yet ship the product from the burbs to my neighbourhood shop and I just gave up waiting. May be just as well. Not sure I want to figure out all the set-up for a FF rigt now anyway.

mandrill7
05-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Update - I checked out the install hardware articles in Airwarfare and figured out how to do the fix, following your suggestion. For any other afflicted souls, you go into the controls section of Il-2 and scroll down to the Hotas section at the bottom. You click on the "Power" control and then rev your throttle.

This automatically converts the control from the default -U axis and into the Saitek specific -Z axis. Your Saitek j-stick's throttle will then function.

Appreciate the help.